LaLiga 2021-22 Season Thread

Guys let’s look on the positive side. Barca and atleti aren’t good at all. Even if we remain mediocre and solid we can aim for 3rd or 2nd. Real Madrid is the problem and they may get away and win it easy. Still let’s see how it goes and they may suffer injuries, lose the new manager bounce or lose form. Still I confident or 4th and being close to top 3.

2 Likes

If we look at the table we win our game in hand we go 2nd. That game in hand is Barca at home and provided we don’t give any silly penalties away we should be good to go. Things don’t look that bad overall.

2 Likes

That’s Atletico, us and now Barca who have dropped points in this round of games.

Puts our result and performance against Sociedad into context. There will be lots of dropped points amongst the ‘top’ teams this season. We won’t be the only ones.

Real are the team to beat but no reason why we can’t at least get 2nd or 3rd.

1 Like

I agree with this. I think 3rd place or 2nd place is possible or at least being in the frame.

Sadly Real Madrid might ruin the title race this season by being too good. I’m hoping the ancelotti bounce starts to wear off or they get some injuries preferably to benzema.

Still it’s a long way to go and even Real Madrid are not vintage Real Madrid of the past. We just need to stay in contention and anything can happen.

3 Likes

Yes definitely. Valencia almost did us a favour yesterday but typical Real win it at the death again. Suppose it’s what the top teams do. They find a way to win, a mentality which Lope to a degree has installed in us.

1 Like

I agree. It’s sickening how many times Real Madrid have annoyed me with their late comebacks. It’s like 17-18 years of pain watching la liga lol. Still yeah their winning mentality is impressive even though I hate them with a passion haha.

1 Like

Yes and like I said in my previous post, Lope to a degree has installed that same winning/tough to beat knack in us.

I know we’re all disappointed at the draws against Elche and Sociedad but I honestly believe past Sevilla sides would have lost both of those games. Let’s not forget, under Emery (a coach I admire a lot), we went a whole season without winning away but fans were happy with him.

2 Likes

Exactly right. I think some fans forget that because of the Europa league glory. To not win one game away from home was shocking. Emery also not even once managed to get us in the top 4.

Lope has managed it in his first 2 seasons so far. Let’s not forget that juande ramos only got us in the top 4 once too albeit the season we nearly won it. He had lots of star players but only the 2006-2007 season we finished top 4.

Still you right the facts remain lope has been easily our most successful league manager. He knows how to get results in different ways and it might not always be pretty but it’s effective. He does instill a winning mentality into us or not lose mentality and we are hard to beat under him even if we don’t play great.

2 Likes

Sevilla fired Gnagnon for a lack or professionalism.

7 Likes

3 penalties vs. Salzburg - an unlucky coach would’ve been down 0-3 or 1-3 (since we got a penalty too :stuck_out_tongue: ) at HT and with a colossal task to turn it around, very slim chance for that to happen.

Lope has brought some decent results in terms of points and overall solidity, but luck alone has been a huge helping factor in that.

2 Likes

Exactly right, Mark. If it wasn’t for the Europa League glory, I don’t think fans would look on with admiration at Emery in the same way if you look at his league record and failure to get into the top 4.

Lope is missing that final piece of the jigsaw now as results wise he is our most successful manager, but can he take us to the next level and win some trophies and be genuine title contenders and maybe play a bit of football with it? I’m sure we’re all hoping that he does.

1 Like

I was coming here to post this. Hopefully he just goes away.

2 Likes

€13.5M + salaries down the drain…

I reckon the same happens with Amadou with only 1 year left on contract

4 Likes

Not sure why this took 3 years.

2 Likes

Apparently in Barcelona they have already decided it’s time to kick out Koeman, even though he’s trying to work with what he has and is in a rebuilding phase, yet they expect more. Insanity. Talking about all these things that are messed up. Barcelona might be the biggest one. Hope it gets punished a bit more personally.

4 Likes

Yep me too. Who would sign up for that job right now?

2 Likes

Lose players like Messi and Griezmann and in a financial mess and they blame the manager. Joke club.

3 Likes

Roberto Martínez is being rumoured. Or a younger trainer from inside the club, until Xavi takes over next year I don’t know. They actually will struggle to get rid of Koeman since he needs about 12m to be bought out lol. If we were performing well I would laugh even more, but I can see us easily lose even vs this Barcelona.

2 Likes

Ronald Koeman is a shit manager though to be fair… :sweat_smile:

Roberto Martinez… Its almost like Barcelona want to fuck themselves. Another terrible manager.

1 Like

You really need to have more faith man. Stop the doom and gloom lol.

I disagree too as I’d pick us to beat current Barca. In my opinion we better at mediore than Barca. We used to it so I think if both teams are mediocre we’d edge it.

2 Likes