LaLiga 2021-22 Season Thread

Hat-trick do you mean :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This kind of makes sense to me though, as despite being Moroccan now, Munir was born and raised in Spain, so he must still surely qualify as home grown, which Idrissi obviously wouldn’t.

Again Javi Diaz misses our due to us being limited to 22 (I thought it was 23?) players so Alfonso + probably one other B team keeper will travel for UCL games.

4 Likes

So the Champions League squad is thus:

1. Marko Dmitrovic
  2. Gonzalo Montiel
  3. Ludwig Augustinsson
  4. Karim Rekik
  5. Lucas Ocampos
  6. Suso
  7. Joan Jordan
  8. Ivan Rakitic
  9. Munir El-Haddadi
  10. Rafa Mir
  11. Yassine Bounou
  12. Óscar Rodriguez
  13. Youssef En-Nesyri
  14. Jesus Navas
  15. Erik Lamela
  16. Thomas Delaney
  17. Marcos Acuña
  18. Diego Carlos
  19. Óliver Torres
  20. Jules Kounde
  21. Papu Gomez
  22. Fernando Reges
7 Likes

Would have been a cool graphic if they hadn’t ballsed up the fact Adrian and Alberto numbers 40 and 41 are both Goalkeepers. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Apparently Jules Kounde changed to number 23 as it was Michael Jordan’s number.

6 Likes

I think the Koundé tweet is expressing his disgust with Chelsea, they talked the talk but when it came to price they baulked, which effectively devalued Koundé. So I think his head and soul will be right here back in Sevilla.

8 Likes

Ditto

2 Likes

Big trouble in little Guinea, YEN, Bono and Munir in Conakry, Guinea where troop movements suggest a military coup.

3 Likes
4 Likes

According to RT, heavy gunfire, President arrested and frontiers closed. Poor old Monchi can’t have a week on the Nile without having to worry about his players.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Heard the game against Barcelona was postponed after all

3 Likes

I’m disappointed it’s postponed to be honest. No doubt we will get them when they have everyone fit again and they in better form.

As well as already playing catch up and the Madrid clubs too.

1 Like

We’ve actually been pretty lucky with some int’l players. Kounde’s straight red means he misses the following 2 games, and our Argentinians will play 1 game less after the Brazil debacle.

Just now learning RM & ATM will still play their games despite having players playing on Friday.

#ItsNotFootballItsLaLiga

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. Which is way I think this postponement is a bad thing. I think with Barca current injuries and problems we could have won this game if played this weekend.

1 Like

You know me Mark, i want to play Barça at full strength. Don’t give me no easy games. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha yeah I know. I just think we should take any advantage we can get considering we haven’t beaten Barca at home or in la liga in years :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Friendly announced b/w Sevilla & Alavés this Thursday (Sept 9) behind closed doors. Should be shown via SFC TV, but as usual we’ll see on the day of how widely available the broadcast will be.

Format will be 2 x 60-minute halves.

5 Likes

I mentioned this in one of the last few podcasts, but here’s more proof that we’re gaining traction in the US. It’s surreal to see an article about us on the soccer front page on ESPN.

Sevilla are a LaLiga force, but to win it all, they’ve got to show they can beat the giants

5 Likes
3 Likes

Did anyone catch this? I don’t think it is available here in the US>

2 Likes