La Liga 2022-23 Season Thread

I hate to say it but Betpiss are playing really good football and in Pellegrini have a top class coach. For the first time in years, they’re better than us currently. I reckon it could be interesting between them, Atleti, Villarreal, Bilbao and Sociedad for 3rd/4th.

Girona probably unlucky not to nick a draw. They play some good football and I think they’ll be okay this season.

2 Likes

Man, I hate Vini Jr face.

3 Likes

Beti don’t seem to have the quality their position says but they have a lot of injuries at the moment. Girona opened them up but failed to take advantage, could easily have scored 3. The fans don’t go home too happy, that was a difficult game for them.

1 Like

haha still in progress

3 Likes

Takes time @ChrisLail. It’s easy learning the basics but when you’re in a situation where all the vocabulary is different, you’re stressed or tired, all I can do is screw up 4 or 5 words. Even worse on the telephone.

5 Likes

Just need to move there and jump right into the pool :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s what we are doing :). Our visas were just approved. Flying out 7 Oct. I will need to connect with the Sevillistas on the forum here.

6 Likes

Long-term working Visas or tourism?

1 Like

Long term. Right now it is valid for a year and renewable for two years after this first year. After the fifth year residency become permanent.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! What a huge change from Alaska to Sevilla! Now to get your kid in the academy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here Tim. I much prefer face to face rather than trying to speak to someone on the phone.

3 Likes

Good luck @jdecourcey. It’s going to be a massive change and expect some culture shock and some heat shock. If any help needed, just ask.

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you. We are taking it a year at a time and will go off of how the kids are assimilating. We would love to catch a game with you and have a cruzcampo.

Kids adapt better than grownups usually. Just be aware it can be a long summer and have a holiday booked somewhere cooler.

1 Like

Pablo Machin was manager but Lopetegui makes a cameo appearance as Real Madrid manager. Vaclik was saving shots and Navas looked on fire. Ben Yedder, what a player.

1 Like

Gnagnon’s legal battle with Sevilla, which he initially won claiming €4.6m in compensation has been overturned on appeal and he gets nothing, nada, zero.

He could appeal the appeal decision but it’s tilting in favour of Sevilla.

5 Likes

Too right it has been turned down, he should be paying Sevilla compo for stealing a wage.

BTW Hope we kept the receipt for Marcao.

3 Likes

NEWS ALERT !

MARCAO JOINS TRAINING SESSION

5 Likes

Update in 2 hours! He hurts himself again and is out another 6 weeks! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes