La Liga 2022-23 Season Thread

Real Madrid drop points! Barca top now!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SevillaFC/status/1576542512109404162?t=6VhiMyvoIdn6a_HqASLZYA&s=19

I watched it on mute and imagined the Tecmo Super Bowl music playing when a player returns from injury:

1 Like

Rayo getting an ecstatic and deserved last minute win, Brave Unai LĆ³pez beautifully hit 95th minute volley. Good for them.

1 Like

Winning post.

1 Like

Sampaoli it is. Arriving Thursday. I expect the team to play a bit better Wednesday just by knowing itā€™s Lopeteguiā€™s last game.

They say one of the demands will be 4-5 transfers to shape the squad to his style in January.

Iā€™m happy with the switch up, and a complete change in mentality. But it seems like a short term resolution, again. I just want to see passion and a fearless Sevilla, and hope Sampaoli gets us to show our muscles again. I donā€™t even mind standing wise where this ends and if we concede 100 goals if we score a 100 as well.

Just glad for change.

2 Likes

Meanwhile on the other side of Sevilleā€¦

Hats off. An away win against Roma in the EL is a very impressive result. Hate to see it, but good on them.

1 Like

nah

2 Likes

Administrators, administrators! Someone ban this man! @Rene1 has violated community standards! Absolutely unacceptable!

While weā€™re at it, better ban @Rene1 , also. And ban @Rene3 and @Rene4 preemptively!

Haha, jk. But you do know that nothing :poop: ever does is good, admirable, or right. Surely Fekir rolled on the ground for a penalitito, Joaquin used hypnosis on the ref, or Borja Iglesias threw a pipe from the stands. :poop: does nothing good, remember this.

5 Likes

GUYS. my account was hacked. i OBVIOUSLY would never applaude :poop for anything theyā€™ve ever done. VAMOS MI SEVILLA AHORA Y SIEMPRE

3 Likes

Ok, but youā€™re on the Twitter ā€œlifetime banā€ watch. Also known as, ā€œdo it again and weā€™ll ban you once it doesnā€™t matter anymore, and then un-ban you once it matters againā€

Cadiz and Espanyol have just played out an entertaining 2-2 draw.

The result I think puts Espanyol above us on goal difference while we go into the relegation zone.

Unless itā€™s head to head and weā€™d be above them.

1 Like

Only head to head after 2 games. Yeah we in relegation zone for now.

1 Like

Villareal lost the flow up front, not sharp on counters and lots of uncertainties. Real Sociedad claiming their spot near the top well deserved. Brais Mendez again, of huge value. Edi scoring some more fantasy points.

Hoping for a big Celta performance to end the weekend. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Iā€™m touring the north and just happened to be in Santander the night of Racing v Zaragoza and passed a great evening with the Racing fans. Beautiful city and great stadium. 1-0.

7 Likes

Iā€™d like to see them back up soon

2 Likes

Was thinking the same thing. Racing really should be on Primera more than they have been in the last 15 years. Such a historic club and generally a friend our own club

2 Likes

Lots of beautiful teams in the LaLiga smartbank, or even below, Deportivo in the Primera division with Cordoba. But Malaga and Zaragoza hanging at the bottom. I think Cartagena has been on the rise through the leagues, some investers and new club owner with the results showing up, UD Ibiza same thing, FC Andorra even, might not surprise me to see them in LaLiga soon, up and coming newer club names.

I canā€™t wait for Depor to come back. But itā€™s a rocky road down there, but eventually they will come back and you know it. Nos van a ver volver, they say.

2 Likes

Between corrupt PiquƩ and corrupt Rubio, seems like a matter of time before Andorra is raking in piles of cash in the top tier, whether they deserve it or not.

1 Like