La Liga 2022-23 Season Thread

Seems to me the season before the Espanol game was looking like a write off. Given we are not a CL team at all. Would you guys agree, we should try and keep in the CDR and Europa League and try and make some smart moves in the transfer window in January. I would easy settle for mid table and bag a Cup victory. Im just trying to realistic about our seasons objectives and what we can still achieve.

2 Likes

It’s a good question and a hard one. I think it is early enough in the season to strive for all. We have the depth to do so, I’m just not sure if we have the quality.

5 Likes

We need to consolidate and become a team with adventurous football that can turn over any team. In our present situation I can’t imagine winning anything.

We need to adapt, earn some respect and have a new horizon for the future. Definitely need to go back to the investment in young players. The vision of yesteryear has evaporated thanks to the experiment of the Lopetegui years and we’re left with aging and deteriorating players that have little re-sale value. We have to re-paint the future. Big job, Monchi is still our man but the club needs to recognize its error.

3 Likes

I agree Tim, the squad building philosophy of the Juande Ramos years and also the year we signed Mbia, Bacca, Gamiero & Co. Would be totally awesome to see this kind of strategic planning again…

2 Likes

Singing another Wizard such as Banega wouldn’t gova miss… is he the best you have witnessed for Sevilla Tim?

1 Like

Wow, yeah, surprising. Was unaware that he was so close to Munir. Crazy to see Munir so shaken up from leaving. Then again, moving to beautiful Getafe in the south of Spain probably made him even more nostalgic about leaving beautiful Sevilla behind.

1 Like

It’s great, when he arrived he explained that he spent part of his youth in Spain, his father played in Spain as well. If he didn’t speak spanish, we would never have signed him I can tell you that. So it’s not that surprising at all, if you think about it.

Negredo just scored a goal to give Cadiz a much undeserved win! :joy:

Ledesma with the karma for saving the fan’s life!

It’s like the Barca of old in la liga again!

1 Like

Athletic playing some great attacking football against Rayo in what is a really entertaining game. It’s 3-1 and not even half time.

If only we could play football like this.

1 Like

:pray:

3 Likes

Athletic up to 3rd for now with a 3-2 win.

Definitely a top 4 contender for me.

1 Like

We play them soon as well. Another tough match to come.

2 Likes

Goal from each of the Williams brothers. Destined to be legends of the club, assuming they stick around and continue to be healthy, which I’m not sure Athletic will be able to afford for much longer.

1 Like

It’s amazing how many news sources think Sevilla are playing in the Villarreal stadium and not la Ciutat De Valencia.

1 Like

But the Villareal stadium has been in scaffolding since may, expected to end towards the end of the year. So they prefered playing many away games in the early season and when they need to, they play in the stadium of Levante indeed. Noticed it earlier in one of their games, no extreme yellow ‘walls’ of seets and people as before. Making it a somewhat more neutral ground for us.

1 Like

Just read a sevillano press article that suggested there’s still a chance Tecatito is ready before the world cup. Which obviously folks in Sevilla reacted to predictably, with chulería: “how the hell is he going to the world cup after missing so many games, we must forbid this!”

Wonder if they’d react that way if it were, say, Morata or Sarabia who was injured and going to make it back in time for the World Cup.

Anyhow, suerte, Tecatito in your recovery, the earlier the better.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that.
I was wondering why there were flyers posted around the RSP advertising a bus trip to Valencia for the Villareal game. :grinning:

2 Likes

Getafe leading Osasuna 0-2 after 75mins.

Forget Villarreal. Who’s taking 4th spot from :poop:? They looking scary good!

2 Likes