La Liga 2022-23 Season Thread

That story reminds me of a similar one that happened in a lower tier league in Kosovo about 15 years ago (we were not part of UEFA or FIFA back then).

The hooligans of the home team tied a Pitbull Terrier to the post of opposition team’s goalkeeper in the second half - the referee and delegates let the game go on, the goalkeeper was afraid to stay close to his goal, often protesting but to no avail. They home team won the match needless to say lol.

2 Likes

Not a smart keeper…should have just brought out some biscuits at half time :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds like the Referee was either too frightened of the dog or he had a bet on the home side.

Mallorca score! Vamos!!

There is something so sickening about Real Madrid always scoring late goals at end of first or second halves :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Valverde is a powerhouse. One of those rare players that I think most clubs would want on their team. Despite the shirt he is wearing I think he is a cool player.

2 Likes

Yeah it was a great goal. I think benzema injury will affect them though. I think Barca will win la liga this season. We will see though.

Who do you guys want to win la liga this season? It likely will be back to normal with a 2 horse race with Real and Barca. Between them it’s hard to say but I’m getting a bit fed up with Real Madrid winning everything currently haha. Your thoughts?

I think Barca look good value to win La Liga this season. They’ve really strengthened over the summer and having one of the best strikers in the world in Lewandowski always helps.

You can never rule out Real though and they’ve started with a 100 per cent record.

Atleti I’m sure will be strong also but I imagine we may be back to a two horse race.

I still hold out hope that if we can get our acts together we may still be able to challenge for 4th but maybe 5th/6th is more realistic with Villarreal and Betpiss looking strong as are Bilbao and then you’ve got Sociedad who are always up there.

1 Like

Getafe beat Sociedad 2-1.

That result means we’re only goal difference off the relegation zone. Still in a lot of trouble.

2 Likes

First time I pay attention to it, but Betís have some sort of Brocoli plant as their Mascote. Turns out to be a terribly shaped palm tree. Anyway, let’s go Villareal.

2 Likes

Was a tense game, Villareal conceding their first goal and Betís taking the 3 points.

Next week will be hard, that’s for sure. They just missed some goals tonight but we seem to be a very gullible opponent to serve them a couple. Dangerous game.

The most serious and capable clubs already occupy the top 6 spots in La Liga at the moment.

The rest of the clubs will either fight for the last European spot (7th, if not achieved through CDR) or fight to stay alive in La Liga.

Pellegrini is a top manager. :poop: are really lucky to have him. Great win for them to be fair.

3 Likes

The way Barca has been conducting their business and using Monopoly-money to rise from the dead makes me hope and wish that they crash and burn. I despise both them and RM, but right now I want RM to take it.

4 Likes

Oh this sucks. He was going to have a monster of a season.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/SpainSystem/status/1569249668881604609?s=20&t=KmF1hTZhpAEtRUYNEamNxA

1 Like

To me this was clearly going to happen to Sadiq, I was going to comment last week that he appears to have more power/energy than his body frame can justify/support.

Poor guy, wish him the very best recovery.

Imagine if we had bought him and that happened.

2 Likes

It’s about 3 weeks since Sevilla said Marcao will be out for yet another 3 weeks, can we expect another update? perhaps another 4 weeks this time?

The team is having Munir’s farewell right now, live on Sevilla TV. Many great and important goals for this club. Best of luck Munir!

Gudelj’s Spanish is really good for only 4 years of study.

4 Likes