La Liga 2022-23 Season Thread

Recently my friend at work suffer from almost the exact same injury during football like tecatito (same left ankle too), rupture of deltoid ligament and ligament between fibula & tibia.
The difference is that my friend doesn’t perform surgery within 72hrs so the ligament is gone.
I’m sure Tecatito will recover well with proper treatment.

3 Likes

The injury to Tecatito makes me feel sick in the stomach, it’s taken the shine off the whole season.

2 Likes

Best of luck to your friend’s recovery!

Del Cerro Grande not assigned for week 2.

The damage is done anyway… he’ll be assigned again after a short while.

1 Like

Atleti looked good. Good to have Saul back in La Liga.

2 Likes

They did look good. Think it’s the usual big three challenging for the league and then a fight between us, Villarreal, Betpiss, Sociedad etc for that 4th spot.

How we do in the rest of this market could really have a big say in that. Nianzou is a start for sure.

That’s why I don’t get the Morata rumors. He did well on Monday. Why would he be shipped out again?

Puta :poop: get 2 penalties tonight vs. Mallorca away and Borja Iglesias scores them both.

2 Likes

Puta :poop: look favourites for top 4 this season. Either them or yellow submarine men.

2 Likes

This referee has been shocking. That second penalty was suspect and Fekir just basically carried the ball and didn’t get a second yellow

2 Likes

True. Yeah the refs as usual in la liga are being poor and inconsistent.

:poop: being top of the table early doors with us struggling will even further put lope head on the chopping block. I like the guy but the pressure is mounting daily on him.

2 Likes

What a team Villarreal are. They look they could be title challenges never mind just top 4. They play great football and have a few big characters and great manager. It’s Emery first win over Simeone and well deserved! 2-0 now. I defo think this could be their season guys.

2 Likes

We play Villarreal in 4 weeks and that game will tell a lot on how the season will play out

3 Likes

Yeah true. I’m just glad we don’t play them yet. They in hot form right now. We need a new players to settle and see if we need a change of philosophy and tactics. Let’s hope we in better shape by that match.

3 Likes

Hope in one hand. *&#! In the other with this manager.

1 Like

All hail Emery :bowing_man:

2 Likes

What do folks think of the drumbeat out there for us to snag Sampaoli again? Would be a fun switch from Lopetegui, though I sorta doubt it’ll happen.

2 Likes

It would definitely be a fun switch… and we could be in for a fun season - the rest is a mystery :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Lewandowski just the movement and strikers intelligence. besides incredible skill makes it look too easy. I hate Barcelona.

3 Likes