La Liga 2022-23 Season Thread

Yep ridiculous. It’s so bad. The offside goal for Barcelona they waited to raise the flag, similar on the rayo side earlier although much tighter and the lineman raised it and blew it dead before the attack could do anything.

1 Like

Technically 6, which seemed about right, but the Barça-RM shenanigans persist whenever they can get away with them

Great result for Rayo. Fair play to them!

1 Like

Villarreal off to a flyer as well. They gonna be a force this season I reckon.

Yup but I watched the game score line flattered them

2 Likes

Watching Almeria - Real Madrid. We’re not going to have it easy against Almeria. They’re winning 1-0 and might get shamed by Madrid second half but so far they are defending and attacking well. It looks like Sadiq is struggling with an injury from the first half.

They don’t do the nonsense goal kicks, just one pass and upfield.

1 Like

There were aggressive rumors that Monchi will go for Nacho as the CB replacement, but he’s started for RM tonight. Could this be his last match or Ancelotti’s sending a message that he will have the usual set of minutes / playing time so that he doesn’t have to leave? Go figure…

1 Like

And so hours later the rumours switched to Asensio, gotta laugh.

1 Like

The ref sends off an Elche player in the 17th minute for something that wasn’t even a foul. Ridiculous.

5 Likes

It’s going to cap off a bad long 1st footy weekend now. Written in the stars. Thought :poop: would win this. If they do they will be 3 points ahead even if it’s just for 1 round. I can’t remember for ages the last time they were ahead of us in league table even after early standing like 1 or 2 games in for quite a few seasons to be fair.

1 Like

I remember being bottom of the table with Emery for 5 weeks til we played Almeria, we were losing 0-1 and Marko Marin pulled a ball back for Rakitic, can’t remember who scored the other goal but we were off the bottom and we won UEFA same season.

3 Likes

Yeah that must have been the last time we were behind :poop: in the league as obviously we were at the bottom. It’s not very common of the past few years or even decade or so.

Wow 2-0 :poop:. They have a legit chance to go top with 10 men they playing. Stop rubbing in the misery la liga! :roll_eyes:

But do we want 2-0 to :poop: or 5-0 to :poop:?

Life is like a box of chocolates, a superior :poop: changes the equation for the directors of Sevilla.

1 Like

Good point. The better :poop: do might prompt more urgent action from our board. Yeah I see your logic pal.

2 Likes

Lope should watch and learn from tonight’s Atletico game on how to properly use Isco in the formation. Reference? Joao Felix.

2 Likes

Tecatito is out for 5 months?! When did this happen?!

1 Like

For fucks sake… sad to hear that. I feel bad both for Tecatito (who will miss the WC also, could’ve been his last one) and for us as we can’t get a break with this stuff.

Football gods… why?

1 Like

Sad news. I predicted him to be top scorer this season. I blame myself for jinxing him :pensive:

4 Likes