La Liga 2020 - 2021 Season Thread (Non-Sevilla Chat)

Yes, I would have been satisfied with a Yellow. But if the boot were on the other foot and it was Sevilla you can guarantee a Red card.

1 Like

The rules actually state a player cannot be given a red card and a penalty unless it is a deliberate attempt to not get the ball, which clearly TC was trying to do.

Betis are doing well tonight :joy:

2 Likes

21 goals conceded in 10 games
9 goals conceded in the last 2 games

Betis is having a shitty 2020 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still not sure ultimately the Pellegrini appointment will work out well. Reckon he will walk end of the season.

Better to be on the Red side of Seville than the Green for sure. But then RBB always have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot.

Who are the Valencia board trying to bullshit, themselves or the fans? :joy:

1 Like

He could argue that they still have Guedes, Soler, Gaya & Maxi Gomez. But c’mon… Kondogbia, Parejo & Rodrigo were crucial to that team.

2 Likes

I just realized today that Garay was still a FA.

1 Like

Bryan and Pozo are both starting starting today. Bryan as a CAM and Pozo on the right wing. Hopefully our boys help Eibar beat Betis.

1 Like

Both boys involved in both goals. Gil with the great corner to set up the first and Pozo with a brilliant pass that sets up the keeper penalty. Eibar cruising in the Sevilla suburbs.

2 Likes

I’d take Pozo back with an emergency call back, somehow :stuck_out_tongue: - considering we need full backs now more than ever.

2 Likes

I don’t know how Bryan doesn’t make the squad next season. He is a baller man. He was MOTM imo.

2 Likes

Real :poop: have conceded 23 goals in 11 LaLiga games this season, their worst defensive record at this stage in the competition since 65/66 (32 goals), the season in which they ended up relegation. Alarm.

https://twitter.com/OptaJose/status/1333530068539289608?s=20

2 Likes

Betis’ defence is a shambles. In fact the squad rebuild they supposedly were supposed to do in the Summer was. Defenders who cannot defend, Strikers who can’t score, and literally they replaced the worst keeper in La Liga with an even worse one. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I agree. We need to make room for Bryan Gil in our squad next season, I said that for this season, probably didn’t help we ended up lumbered with buying Suso.

Simple though, Bryan and Pozo in the squad for Vidal + 1 of Sergi G or Gnagnon’s spots.

1 Like

This won’t happen. They always show up against us.

Does this even matter? :joy:

2 Likes

Probably not.

Cadiz beating Barca. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah if any la Liga season was winnable, it was this one. But we turn out to be not good enough and really lacking ability to do damage. Just playing it out and see if we can catch up to fourth, which I think our finances are expecting is the goal then I guess. If we don’t, we threw a season with big opportunities.

3 Likes

Exactly this. I’m not pissed off that we’re not good enough to win La Liga - because as we all know, it is mostly a 2 horse race because of Barca and RM and the referees playing a big role on that. But this season is very very winnable and we can’t seem to be able to do anything about it, even with all the supposedly decent players that we have, RM and Barca not in their usual form, referees helping a bit but not as usual, Atletico is good but not the tough-nut-to-crack Atletico etc.

And we still can’t do it… it’s a shame really. Not sure if such opportunity will ever come, and I’m not sure if we could ever do it in a way Atletico did in 2013-14, winning it in the last matchday vs. Barca in Camp Nou. Simply can’t imagine that, and that’s only because we don’t have a pure winning mentality, a pure fighter character and the mindset to show up in EVERY game, at least try. In some games we don’t even try, and in most of the matches we’re just not good enough (like vs. RM and Barca so far this season, or vs. Chelsea in the first match), won’t count the Bayern Supercup match as that is I think the best match we’ve played this season if it counts for the 2020-21.

3 Likes