La Liga 2020 - 2021 Season Thread (Non-Sevilla Chat)

So much is happening in the prep for the new La Liga season, I figured let’s get a new thread going.

With that said, Barcelona - One crappy manager out, another crappy manager in.

3 Likes

Betis have ruined a fairly decentish new kit in my opinion with a rather crap looking and positioned Betway sponsor logo.

Valencia are fuuuuuuuuuucked. I could actually genuinely see them going down.

I think top 4 will be…

1. Real VARdrid
  2. Atlético
  3. Sevilla
  4. Barcelona

Koeman is trash. Barcelona are trash. I dislike RM these days but I still despise Barca more.

3 Likes

Barca will be fucked if Messi and Suarez leave. They have no young stars coming through accept Fati. They may be struggling. Would be fun to sees

2 Likes

Koeman doesn’t make them better, he’s a good personality and alright media presence. But I don’t think as a club manager he improves the team and the players. He is a passenger. And more of a national team coach.

He will bring some Dutch assistants with subpar English and Spanish, trying to teach them new stuff. I’m curious but feel like they will go down further and further.

5 Likes

Especially if Messi leaves… I think they will struggle to even reach top 4 if they don’t revolutionize the club in that case.

2 Likes

If we don’t reinforce properly and lose the key players, I think Villarreal will fight with us to the end for the 4th.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. It’s a golden opportunity for us to kick on! Whether we win this final or not, we in a great position to move to next level. I hope we recruit right as if we do we in for exciting upcoming season.

I hope we keep our best players and get a few reinforcements in. I feel though our stock is rising again though and with Lopetegui and Monchi and a lot of talented players let’s hope we can build an exciting project here.

2 Likes

Our main worry should be to best Atlético. I know we should aim higher, and we can. But there’s still work to be done to close that gap. Can it be done in one transfer window? Well we do have a Monchi…

I honestly think Barça will be fine. They are in dire straits, yes, but Koeman will come in and do a Valverde-like job. Whether they win the title depends on their transfer business.

I think Emery fell off a bit, and might not start the season that great. That away record… :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Meanwhile Sociedad signing David Silva, props to them!

4 Likes

Haha - i love seeing transfer hijackings. :joy: Not a bad replacement for Odegaard.

3 Likes

Did not know that. Good signing for them, much prefer to see him in La Liga than in Serie A.

3 Likes

I’ve just seen that Man City are building David Silva a statue for 10 years of contribution, then I went to his Wiki page to see that his time in City ended and he’s currently without a club. I wondered for a moment, could we have snatched him somehow, is it worth it etc. (a lot of things crossed my mind), but there you have it. Good for Real Sociedad, not sure if his legs will work for more than 1-2 years though but it’s still a decent signing.

2 Likes

Monchi said in an interview that the job for replacing Banega is already done… so I assume it means that we already found the replacement, either that or we have already signed him - waiting for the official news after the EL final? Hopefully that won’t mean Maxime Lopez is the replacement of Banega, as he was the only one I know that we finished business for, waiting to make it official after our season finally ends.

3 Likes

It’s gonna be Can Kahveci. I don’t want to be negative beforehand. But the gap between a player like him and Banega, is about as big as the distance between their respective countries. I keep praying we have something special up our sleeve.

6 Likes

Meh…

3 Likes

Messi wants out of Barca. :eyes: There’s the Banega replacement sorted then! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Alright if we win the Europa League title, we get Edi’s favourite Jeremie Boga for sure. I promise.

Sorry for mixing up the topics.

4 Likes

Federico Fazio looking to join Emery and his squad in Villareal. Not sure about you guys, but at his prime some years before he went to Tottenham I was happy having him in our squad, yes some errors and some lack of pace. But that Physical Presence at the back and in the air, was a joy to watch for me. Maybe not at the level but something like Ledley King in Tottenham in his days. And Diego Carlos before this tournament :eyes:

5 Likes

Thing is it must be difficult for Diego Carlos, let’s be honest, how often do you get an absolute speed demon in La Liga? It’s not very common at all really?

He got out paced twice, giving away two stupid penalties, but the one against Manchester United was just a stupid penalty anyway, Rashford having had his shot already.

2 Likes

Defense line pushing high up brings you these risks especially against super fast opponents. DC have all what it takes to catch up but the hype of the moment causing him lose concentration.

On the other hand the team should take things easy for the first ten minutes, weighing the opponent. There was absolutely no reason to push so high up the field early in the match.

3 Likes