La Liga 2020 - 2021 Season Thread (Non-Sevilla Chat)

Başakşehir beats Man Utd at home. It is such a tough group yet they managed to pull their first win. Very well done…

3 Likes

Actually slipped past me that Kondogbia his signing to Atlético happened a while back. Surprised me a bit

2 Likes

That team Granada have had to put out against La Real. :unamused:

1 Like

VAR is ridiculous. Anyone watching this Valencia v Real game. 3 var penaltys. Yes I understand under the new rules they are handball. But it’s getting stupid now. Literally everything is becoming a penalty.

3 Likes

Also it depends on which VAR you get, interpretation is still the key. One VAR does one thing, other lets it slip and waves it away. And there are plenty of refs with game sense lacking interpretation unfortunately.

1 Like

There was a VAR call during the Brest v Lille game I watched this afternoon. For once common sense prevailed and the referee actually overturned his original penalty decision having watched the pitch side monitor. It was nice to see.

Anyone who gives 3 pens against r madrid is ok by me :+1: :rofl:

4 Likes

Well I was thinking this especially against Ramos. But it’s still becoming crazy

1 Like

We talked about the handball in our box yesterday that wasn’t given. Any thoughts on that one?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1325557063553069056)

Sergio Ramos, Marcelo and Lucas Vazquez all concede penalties for Real Madrid at Valencia. The only defender who did not was Raphael Varane, who instead scored an own goal.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

5 Likes

[quote="ChrisLail, post:149, topic:875
We talked about the handball in our box yesterday that wasn’t given. Any thoughts on that one?
[/quote]

I thought at the time that the ref like me was looking at a possible foul rather than a handball, it was only after numerous replays that I spotted it. Shame the ref didn’t

3 Likes

I didn’t clearly see it but from the way the balled dropped dead I shouted ‘mano’. Later, they played a short replay of the handball, looked like the arm and not sufficiently close to the body to exonerate and identical to the penalty that was given to Barcelona where Mandi was sent off for second yellow.

But no VAR information given on the incident in the commentary, VAR is now officially a joke.

2 Likes

There are conflicting interpretations on how to call penalties and offsides, there’s almost one highly controversial VAR call each week in the Premier league. The latest being an offiside call when the only thing that was in front of the defender was the striker’s arm. Go figure. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

But as it was that poncey haired little whingey nonce Bamford and it was against my boys, it was gloriously ruled out. :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

I would be less pissed off if I didn’t have him in my fantasy team for the week and was 4 points off climbing a spot in my private league but well played by Crystal Palace, Zaha finally stepping up consistently with their role players also contributing when needed.

1 Like

Good article on Diego Martinez:

https://www.laligalowdown.com/post/from-galicia-to-granada-the-making-of-diego-martínez

2 Likes

Barca lose again :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Atletico massive favourites for la liga title now. Still think we can reach top 4 in end though. Long way to go.

5 Likes

Do I get the best signing trophy for David Silva already? That guy is damn good.

2 Likes

I want to know why Courtois didn’t get a card for the penalty with Villarreal, at the moment he brought down Samuel they were the most advanced players ?

1 Like

Should have been a yellow card.

Not a red as he made an attempt to get the ball, but certainly should have got a yellow.

2 Likes