La Liga 2020 - 2021 Season Thread (Non-Sevilla Chat)

Not exactly new. He signed for them last summer. :sweat_smile:

Dutch headliners are confirming, Memphis Depay to Barça for 30m.
He´s a good player, but I don´t think consistent and carrying enough to be the winner of La Liga. Depending on how Messi will act and play, will make or break Barça this season. Hope us and Villareal or any other contender can push Barça out of top 3 would make my season for sure, I hate blaugrana with a passion (or fury).

For sure im getting ahead of myself we have to prove our new squad can get those wins, just as we did last year to put us up at the top but i´m confident.

3 Likes

haha didn’t realize oops

1 Like

Damn - FC Barcelona - La Liga: Quique Setien announces legal action against Barcelona | Marca

That club is a dumpster fire.

3 Likes

HaHa, they do seem to have ‘structural’ problems at the moment. I can imagine that the Messi shirt sales are a bit subdued this year too.

It could be construed that they have tried to rob Setien of his team and breached his ability to form contracts with a new club, employment law takes a dim view of that. But Barca can also argue that their delays are due to covid disruption and claim ‘force majeure’.

3 Likes

It would be a bit hard to do that right? I mean they didn’t have any problem hiring a new manager, announcing it to the press, playing friendlies. A simple contract termination via email doesn’t seem that hard. :slight_smile:

Suárez to atlético. So now they have two asshole strikers

4 Likes

Is that true?

Then now it’s monopoly. By any token, the most and the biggest assholes plus Vitolo (who is a recovering asshole after repenting his move from Sevilla)

3 Likes

Suarez, Costa & Simeone in the same squad?? It’ll make good TV at least. :joy:

2 Likes

Who bites/punches who first? :wink:

1 Like

How long until they are fighting / biting one another?! :rofl:

Verbal agreement only, the Barca board don’t want him going to a direct rival like Villa did a decade ago. He’s someone you hate playing against and is better than De Jong YEN and Fernandez combined but Sevilla probably can’t afford him

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s nearly a done deal. A deal upto 4 million euros is a steal if you ask. At the same time sending morata out on loan for 10 million. They have done good buisness in my opinion. But I’d imagine their supporters will be worried when he and Costa start together :joy: but all jokes aside if they can get suarez scoring. They will be my league winner favourites.

2 Likes

Suarez still scored 20+ goals last season, something Morata has never done. Mix that with an improving Joao Felix in his 2nd season, and it might be a 3-horse race.

2 Likes

Yeah it could be Atletico’s season. Hopefully we are closer to Real Madrid and Barca too.

1 Like

Barcelona allegedly offered an initial offer of €15m to Inter for Lautaro Martinez.

Seriously what is wrong with that club? They’ve already been an embarrassment the last 2 months, then they go and take the piss like that.

4 Likes

Barcelona’s management is one of the worst ever in this sport.

3 Likes

Spanish TV said today that Barcelona don’t have a dime to spend on transfers and Messi has made more declarations criticising the club. Must surely be the end of an era.

Their income is down 70% expenses continue to be highest in la liga, problema gorda.

2 Likes

Atletico looks crazy good with Suarez. But I hope it’s just Granada too shit.

I think Atletico could win la liga. Adding Suarez was an amazing move. They probably now have the best strike force in la liga now. Barca look like complete mugs.

2 Likes