La Liga 2020 - 2021 Season Thread (Non-Sevilla Chat)

I think Messi would quite happily move on. He has agreed a 5 year deal with The City Group, 3 seasons at Manchester City, then the last 2 in the MLS for New York City.

Not really a lot he can do if Barcelona won’t sell or release him though. :rofl:

2 Likes

I did see that too. I’m not sure what to believe. However, Barca appear to refuse to let him go! Lol :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Not sure I believe that rumor. Maybe true, but I doubt it.

Let’s hope del Nido stays far away. The team was in a very bad way financially and the relationship with Biris deteriorated with him at the helm. There were some really bad seasons when the stands were shouting for him to leave. He did, straight to prison. We don’t need him anywhere near this club again in my opinion. Castro has been a very stable leader and has the team and infrastructure in the best condition it has been in a long time.

3 Likes

Yeah I believe you are right. I think del nido was good initially to help the club take the first leap. However, he’s very corrupt and we had a few very shaky last few years under him before he went to prison. Things went awry and Castro has saved us and helped steady the ship as well as being ambitious.

I agree that Castro is more stable and more trustworthy. He’s a better president for us right now and did amazing to get sevilla back on track.

Out of interest is del nido still in prison or is he out? Apparently he started his prison stint in March 2014 and it was 7 years. Therefore, he should still be inside unless he got out early he some way.

2 Likes

If he is making sounds about taking back the club surely he must be out? He shouldn’t be anywhere near the club, no doubt he will find a way to worm himself back in though.

1 Like

He’s out, released in 2017. His son is very involved now and you saw him in a lot of photos at the Europa championship.

3 Likes

Barca now allowing Arturo Vidal to join Inter on a free.

Something really is not right at that club is it?

3 Likes

They have a salary cost of half a billion. They seem desperate for trying to lose a big part. Of which Messi is about close to 80 million or something. they might need to revamp the whole and start from a lower base line. But boy do I hope to see them crash into oblivion.

3 Likes

Levantus ?

3 Likes

Those board members, jeez. Sin vergüenza

2 Likes

Will Messi stay?

He says he going to stay now but I’m not convinced.

It seems like a no-brainer that Barca will let him go for a reduced buy-out clause. The alternatives are 1) pay his €80m salary this season, and get nothing more at the end. 2) Negotiate his release for something above €200m and save the €80m salary.

#2 seems by far the best idea, but there is a problem with it. The fan blow-back on the board of directors (already intense), someone will have to fall on his sword which is not difficult to organize but it might not be enough to placate the fans.

Whatever, I don’t give a hoot. But it’s great to watch the turmoil.

5 Likes

Damn, Chimy tore his ACL again. :pensive:

1 Like

Jezus Unai now it’s done, Estupiñán also joining the Yellow Submarine for a sum of 15m. Dangerous squad they put together.

2 Likes

If we don’t make the right movements for LB (perhaps even RB as Chris mentioned) and CF, we could be out of the top 4, the way Villarreal reinforced this season.

2 Likes

Kevoni retweeted someone reporting that Acuna is done.

4 Likes

Interesting

I thought clubs were already warned back in June? We’ll be given a grace period with our partnership with MarathonBet, but i wonder if that will last the season.

1 Like

And do we have to refund any money?

1 Like

La Liga has started for some other clubs, so far no one has blow each other away with 3 draws, Betis were lucky to win against Alaves at the death, Sociedad benched Oyarzabal against Valladolid and had to settle for a draw with them. And Emery’s first game as Villarreal coach ended with a draw against Huesca, their team of Alcacer, Moreno and Chukweuze can be very dangerous.

Hopefully things won’t get too out of hand by the time Sevilla are playing again.

2 Likes

Valencia actually looked pretty good. Their new man, Vallejo scored two.

1 Like