Happy La Liga 2019-2020!

:grinning::grinning::grinning::

5 Likes

Pobre :poop:
 :joy:

Barça were really on top of :poop: when they came out with the fancy stuff early, then got humbled real quick once Fekir scored. It’d be harsh to say they got bailed out by Griezmann, cause you felt a goal was coming sooner or later.

Too lazy to check the rules, but shouldn’t Pique have gotten a red card for that last man challenge? Only got a yellow. Home field adv?

2nd half just showed how poor :poop: are without the ball; absolutely torn apart. When do we get to play them again? They got a donkey in the middle, a moron up top, and are now bottom of the league. Thought this was supposed to be the new Sevilla! :smile:

1 Like

I still need to see the highlights of this match. I expected a close match given Betis won at Camp Nou last season. Having Fekir and Canales I would have expected more. Though the thankful departures of Lo Celso and the thug Pau Lopez would need replacing, best news is that Pau conceded 3 goals on his debut with Roma. But were Betis really that bad? Maybe Lupe can take notes, we can play possession if need be and starve them of the ball.

Valencia also have had a slow start but this is similar to last season, once they click things should be different. Not sure if Celta is really that good or down to a hot start. Atletico seem to back to their one-goal-and-grind style. Got to hand it to Simone, guy knows how to implement his plans.

1 Like

:poop: started quite well and up until they conceded just before half time were looking good. That equaliser completely knocked them though, and Griezmann’s second (with completely ridiculous confetti celebration might I add!), just after half time completely knocked the stuffing out of them. 35 minutes decent, but 55 minutes absolutely abysmal. The young lad who was playing in goal for them will have been rocked by that result too as he didn’t have a particularly good game either.

Loren Moron scored arguably goal of the game mind you. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone explain what’s going on with Valencia, it sounds like there’s a bit of a mutiny going on between factions within the club, no more transfer money until Rodrigo is sold ??? Marcelino doesn’t want to sell etc.

All I know is two weeks ago the board wanted to get rid of their version of Monchi, and Marcelino said if he goes then I walk, and they ended up keeping him for the sake of keeping the coach.

Valencia are a funny old club. The potential is there for them to be a huge European club just like with us, but they seem to have been so poorly managed at times it is crazy.

1 Like

Right, just when you thought they got things together. I think the timing of this eventual Rodrigo transfer made matters worse. But it’s exactly that Tim, two factions dividing the club.

1 Like

Barcelona forced into making an apology after this tweet. :sweat_smile::tipping_hand_man::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Barca started with the 21 year old Perez, who scored, and then brought on 16 year old Ansu Fati to sub him.

That Fati looks like he is going to be a handful already. Perez looks decent but way too one footed.

1 Like

Found this today. Seems Sevilla had hold of the player at one time. How did Barcelona buy him before age 16?

Because they are one of the big two and even still apparently both of those clubs are beyond the realms of the law clearly. :unamused:

2 Likes

Osasuna currently leading Barcelona. :grin:

Osasuna 2-2 Barcelona. Ansu Fati scored to become La Liga’s youngest ever goalscorer.

Also annoyingly we are now only second on alphabetical order to Athletic Bilbao (Quick someone go tell the league we are ASevilla). :joy: Only Atlético and Real Madrid can jump us by the end of the weekend.

Nice to see Barca drop points again! We want a competitive la Liga! Unfortunately Messi is back soon for them :disappointed_relieved:

Real Betis currently leading at home to Leganes 2-1, goals from Fekir and Loren Moron. I noticed Juan Soriano is only on the bench for Leganes, having started last week against Atletico.

Atletico showing that winning mentality again. Why they can compete at Barca and Real Madrid’s level. Credit to them, 0-2 down but an amazing turnaround by them! I hope this new exciting project we on can lead us to get to their level.

1 Like

Lighting start by the yellow submarines! 1-0 Villarreal! Real all over the place at back! One game I can watch on itv haha!

Gerard Moreno seems to have remembered where the back of the net is at last for the Yellow Submarine.

Granada won 0-3 Away to Espanyol, our very own Carlos scored one of the goals too.

2 Likes

Classy goal by real! Nice move, a killer for Villarreal though! They played decent 1st half!