Happy La Liga 2019-2020!

Because of the weather forecast, Kick off time forTuesday nights game V Leganes has now been put back to 21:00 CET due to the heat.

3 Likes

Villarreal beating Valencia 2-0 and coming up fast on the outside now, just 3 points behind us if they see through the victory and in fine form.

1 Like

Looks like Villareal are going to win. Hoping that Sociedad and Getafe can draw later.
The gap is closing though and in form Villareal are the biggest concern. We urgently need to win the next two games against Leganes and Eibar.

3 Likes

Two things I just picked up from the Villarreal v Valencia game.

1. Why the f*** did we not go in for Paco Alcacer?

2. How good was Gerard Moreno’s goal? :scream::fire:

2 Likes

Also the assists for those goals, First goal Moreno delivered picture perfect and second Cazorla´s lay off first touch is such quality. They make it look easy.

2 Likes

Villarreal have the toughest run-in, but at this point i wouldn’t be surprised if they got the job done.

1 Like

I said the same thing watching the match.

1 Like

Barca drop 2 more points in a draw against A Madrid after the ref gives Atletico 2 penalties.
One after Carrasco tripped himself up and earlier HernĂĄndez HernĂĄndez rules out a pen save from Ter Stegen as he is a touch off his line. Costa scores the retake.
Replays suggest Ter Stegen had at least a stud on the line :disappointed: They really want r madrid to win it this year don’t they.

2 Likes

And for AM to finish 3rd. That Carassco PK was so bad and then not long after, AM climbs all over Pique in the box and nothing.

1 Like

Not surprising, they haven’t won it since 2018 and are an unknown for the Champions League, can’t let the best team in the universe go on a trophy drought for 2 years in a row :yawning_face: :wink:

It’s not often that I want Betis to win, in fact almost never. Same goes for Real Madrid, but they could do us a great favour today and tomorrow against Villarreal and Getafe.

It would put some clear blue water between Sevilla and the pretenders behind.

2 Likes

Personally I feel Real Madrid have been better than Barca this season. They are more of a team, better defence and better away record. Both Barca and Real get big decisions there way so I don’t have much sympathy for Barca really.

It’s real Madrid’s season it seems now.

1 Like

Yeah fingers crossed for that! Vamos Betis and Madrid haha!

Not going to plan. Villareal are 2-0 up and it’s not even half-time. :roll_eyes:

Villarreal are getting on my nerves now. They need to calm it down for god sakes! Haha I’m glad they still got Barca and Real Madrid to play, surely they won’t win those? Makes our draw against them look amazing and to be fair we should have beat them in end.

3 Likes

Betis are shocking at the moment. Bartra can piss off, what a liability he is. Fekir… Has moments of genius, but not exactly what the team needed.

The whole squad needs to be torn up and built again. Borja Iglesias whose career I have followed for a good 3 or more years and has looked class, now looks a complete and utter carthorse.

Honestly Getafe plays VS Villareal soon, and we VS Bilbao soon. If Bilbao surprises Against Real, they have easy schedule if they manage to win Against us only. If they lose Both they are out IMO. Same for Villareal, if they lose Both Against the big Two, a win Against Getafe then isn’t Enough to compensate and Getafe play Atlético still and Real next week I don’t see them as dangerous, which might make them most dangerous lol.

So we will be cheering for Madrid at least 3 more games.

3 Likes

Looking at the games Villareal and Getafe have remaining we should do it from here and get top 4 as ours is the easiest run-in.

2 Likes

I agree Madrid have been better, Barca or more specifically Bartomeu have really shot themselves in the foot with both appointments and signings. Everyone could see Griezmann does not fit in Barca’s plans yet they still paid more than 100m for him. Only 2 of the last 17 signings have fit in well and they are De Jong and Vidal.

Not a lot of sympathy for Barca but I just innately dislike Real more. Eitherways, it’s not ours to decide.

On paper it is but Sevilla love making life difficult for themselves so if Villarreal somehow make it I won’t be surprised, the only thing I want aside from being in Champions league is to record a win over Valencia, Sevilla have not won against them since 2016 and they got lucky in the last 2 home games with 1-1 draws.

2 Likes

I jokingly said on Twitter yesterday that we should try for a season long loan for him. :sweat_smile: Although given they have Messi, Suarez, Ansu Fati, Brathwaite and they still seem to be in the market for either Neymar or Lautaro Martinez, perhaps it wasn’t as crazy a suggestion as I first thought. :crazy_face:

1 Like