Has to be

Good no call

Sampaoli trying for a red card

1 Like

once more in quarters finals

3 Likes

Man ocampos was a beast at the end!

5 Likes

lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo LOO lo. lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo LOO lo.

2 Likes

Total, why did we ever rent him out like that?

2 Likes

He was burnt out under Lope and now playing more freely with Sampaoli.

2 Likes

We’re through and that’s all that matters.

However, tactical flaws and substitution mistakes were evident tonight by Sampaoli.

It’s a great feeling that we’re in the EL quarters, a familiar feeling at first of course, but if we play good or half-good at home and then piss poor pathetic away we won’t stand a chance against the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal or even Juventus.

We’ve never been eliminated once reaching the quarters of Uefa Cup / EL which means it could be a first, or we’ll go on to win it. Still our best chance at playing in Europe next season… and what can be better than playing in the CL group stages?

7 Likes

Rafa Mir = disaster of a player.

5 Likes

Assuming Navas stays healthy, he will move into 6th all time for Spanish players playing in European football (champions league and Europa league). Moving past Iniesta, Pique, and Busquest.

4 Likes

Well that was edge of your seat stuff tonight, I have to say I was quietly confident, then I seen JS had picked 2 strikers, and 1 of them was Rafa Mir! I would have thought he would want to press them high and stop the transition but not sure why Mir was picked unless he wanted to play more long balls forward to clear the lines, but even for that he is never in the right places to challenge or win a header either!!
I also would have started with Ocampos who didn’t stop running when he came on and gave the Fenerbahce defence some problems.
But all said we got there and they never scored a goal against us in open play in almost 200 minutes of football and that is a positive! Not we need to pick ourselves up and get ready for the weekend as this is a real 6 pointer that matters…Vamos!!!

8 Likes

Great win!

3 Likes

Good point. I think our reputation frightened them more than the performance.

4 Likes

For a make-shift defence I think we coped very well, Telles is the only one that worries me defensively, Fernando was a rock and Gudelj got some good blocks in too which go missing in games like these, but overall we fought then and came out on top over 2 legs and that’s all that matters, job done and on to the next round…and another €20 for my ticket

5 Likes

Well with the Arsenal out, here are the remaining squads:

Leverkusen
Roma
Union Saint-Gilloise
Sporting
Juventus
Feyenoord
Sevilla
Man United

3 Likes

Arsenal’s out, so that’s one ‘big’ opponent less.

Every team is capable of knocking out the other at this point… there’s no weak teams in the quarters of EL.

2 Likes

Ideally: Union SG, Feyenoord, Leverkusen

Bring on any of the teams though!

4 Likes