Europa - RD16 - Sevilla FC at Fenerbahçe SK

I want Man United. We have a good track record against them and while it may be one of the more difficult draws I want it.

1 Like

If we somehow ended up drawing and beating ManU, :poop: fans might commit mass suicide via green kool-aid.

4 Likes

Acuña our best on the night by a mile, followed by Ocampos. Did Rafa Mir even touch the ball?. We made hard work of getting through once again. But we did it, even if we do insist of giving away the ball far too many times. Another European night at the RSP to enjoy.
Hoping for M U to draw Juve and we get Union Saint-Gilloise.

7 Likes

Our EL campaign this season reminds me of the 2013-14 one with Emery. A lot of difference in quality and approach between the home and away matches.

Hopefully that means we’ll be lifting the trophy in the end, although it will be quite difficult this time around (not that it wasn’t back then!)

5 Likes

Hopefully we have Marcao, Tecatito, Rekik and Papu fit for the next round.

5 Likes

Sometimes I forget he’s in our team!

3 Likes

Honestly, other than the weird Rafa Mir decision, I liked our lineup today for the long haul, if we can keep everyone healthy. Replace Telles for Marcão if possible, giving Telles more time to shine on the wing, in theory. Anyhow, as long as Jordán isn’t playing, this looks like a real team on occasion.

Keep Fernando and Badé healthy, for the love of all things good and holy. That’s the only reason we survived today, in my view. Gudelj surely deserves his credit, too, but matches without Badé and/or Fernando are just terrifying.

Really hoping to pick up the points at Getafe and Cádiz, and this season suddenly takes on a whole new light. Of course, lose both of those matches and suddenly we’re back at a place worse than when Lopetegui left, but the video you shared Brian also just gives me the sense that the whole dynamic has changes for this squad. Even taking 4 points out of the Getafe and Cádiz matches is enough for me, honestly, but anything less than 3 is stuff of nightmares.

4 Likes

Anyone have the figures of what money we hauled for winning octavos?

1 Like

1.8m euros according to wikipedia.

so… not a lot, but adds up maybe? a little?

4 Likes

I get the team are happy to go through, but I’m not sure they should be enthralled at having just lost a game as they were either. Maybe it’s just me?! :confused::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Feyenoord battered Shakhtar last night, which leads me to think they’re best avoided. Santiago Gimenez, their young, Mexican striker looks like quite a unit. A certain Ousamma Idrissi scored two in two minutes as well!

I think Leverkusen, Man U, Sporting have a lot of pace in their teams and generally that’s not something Sevilla players handle very well. Both Juventus and Roma have experienced coaches and some great players (Vlahovic, Dybala).

It’s only getting tougher from here on in, so whoever Sevilla draw in the next round, it’s going to be a tough test, but hopefully Sevilla’s Europa League nous/magic touch helps carry them through :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I’m also a Leverkusen fan as many know. Diaby, Wirtz etc will have a Field day against our make shift defence if we aren’t careful.

1 Like

Man U :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I agree they ‘look’ weak, but Arne Slot is actually a masterful trainer and created a super machine with really not that many resources comparatively to many. Their pressureplay is awesome, they picked up a really good defender in Hancko and if you think our team Spirit is high. I wonder how far into space theirs is. We have survived, probably gotten further than you normally shoul in our situation.

Man Utd it is, this is not the Man Utd we faced before. Some of their results have been mixed but they are looking fresher overall. Another Dutch coach, and I don’t think we are ready this time. But let’s see if we can avoid a demolishing and survive another round.

2 Likes

The worst possible draw… First United and then, if we win, we get Juventus.

3 Likes

Bugger

1 Like

Let’s not count out Sporting Club, beating Arsenal over two games. Talk about high spirits.

1 Like

Well Man U and possibly Juve/Sporting. It’s an opportunity to play arguably the most historic names in the draw.

First round at Old Trafford will be key, can’t see Sevilla progressing with more than a one goal deficit coming out of that game to be honest.

1 Like

As I always say, you got to beat the best to be the best.

2 Likes

You all are forgetting that this way we get to play Union Saint Gilloise in the final…like our first UEL when we played Middleborough

2 Likes