EURO 2020 and COPA AMERICA 2021

Krycho wanted to head off to get to that hot wife I think. Two yellows and he’s off to the showers.

7 Likes

Also to me this is also why stats don’t tell the full story, I think Chris was discussing this with Rafa Mir.
The chances Lewandowski gets in a team like Poland are not equivalent to what he gets in Bayern with world class players around him. First half, he shot 3 times, and failed 3, thus 0% effectivity, nothing on target. It doesn’t mean anything, because they were terrible shooting instances. But he tries, since its what he gets. It doesn’t say anything about Lewandowski, He would have gotten 3 different shooting instances in Bayern. It’s just an example of my thoughts at that time, but it doesn’t say anything about the actual class of a striker.

5 Likes

In this game it was an error to use Morata in place of Gerard Moreno. Big big error.
Spain had the ball in Sweden’s half for 95% of the first half but couldn’t penetrate. Morata missing chances that Moreno would bury.

5 Likes

Hard agree, also Morata in the game vs Portugal was abominable. Hate him, wasting chance after chance with a laconic posture

3 Likes

Argentina vs. Chile lineups are out. This idiot Scaloni must surely hate Sevilla with a passion. After not calling up Ocampos in the 24-man squad, he doesn’t start Acuna but rather fields Tagliafico and Papu Gomez is not even available on the bench, like what the hell? Shameful!

4 Likes

Come on, seriously? How can he not even make the bench for the game I was so looking forward to watch him play! Guess we’ll just have to hope Acuña can get off the bench

5 Likes

He missed a sitter in the first half against Sweden. I don’t know why Iago Aspas or Gerad Moreno isn’t starting over him at the moment

4 Likes

Yeh i’m watching, another decent chance, 2nd half. The way he shoots, just irritates.

3 Likes

Some tell me why Spain plays in a stadium that no one has ever heard of, instead of city’s two other stadiums that has stands closer to the pitch…

4 Likes

:poop:’ stadium has some construction going on. I’m not sure if the same at RSP. I guess because it is a neutral stadium and may be a bit nicer than the RSP as amenities goes.

I knew Spain would struggle to score when they left Aspas off the roster and then you see Morata starting again…terrible. Sarabia looked good.

@Enrico I think you missed my point about the stats. My stats were referencing the player creating chances (individual play). Mir like YEN, doesn’t create chances for themselves or others. I don’t know if that would change in a different system. Maybe it does, but I don’t think so. It’s how they are as players.

Shame that Papu can’t even make the bench.

4 Likes

Sometimes it feels that even the Jesus Navas Stadium is better than that one…

4 Likes

Looked a lot more like scoring once Gerard and Sarabia teamed up.

3 Likes

Fun watching Medel play. I love how he plays.

4 Likes

I can’t believe he’s still playing. Looks like he’s calmed down a bit these days though… Not been booked yet.

4 Likes

Because La Cartuja was built years ago exactly for these sorts of purposes and the stadium sat empty for like 20 years so now they are using it as much as they can to make up some of that wasted money.

The stadium was also built to host the Olympics which Seville never even got.

4 Likes

It really is a terrible looking place. It sure as hell doesn’t represent the beauty of Sevilla.

2 Likes

Argentina look weak… as expected. Messi and Di Maria trying their magic, but meh…

Unbelievable how Scaloni left out Ocampos and called up Joaquin Correa… surreal, must be from another planet!

Then a very average Tagliafico starts and plays the full 90 instead of Acuna… doesn’t make any sense.

Also the midfield was CRYING for someone like Banega, in fact Banega himself because he is still kicking it in Saudi Arabia and last I checked he’s still available for selection (didn’t retire from the NT). He’s better than any of the midfielders called up, way way better in every aspect!

There is a weird trend with some coaches not calling up veterans and relying on youth rather than experience. With NT’s it’s totally different. There is a reason Deschamps called Benzema. Scaloni and Luis Enrique acting clever… well let’s see what happens then!

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

Despite Messi scoring that spectacular free kick and a couple of world class passes, he didn’t really get into the game that much especially in the second half. I feel that Papu Gomez would’ve done better on the left hand side than Nicolas Gonzalez even though the latter isn’t a bad player. For me Argentina were lacking that finish product in the final third this game

2 Likes

Argentina are always in disarray.

Doesn’t help when you have Messi practically picking the squad.

3 Likes

I’m sure I’m in the extreme minority but I prefer Lukaku as the best pure striker in the world right now for this reason. He creates so many of his own goals by outrunning and out powering the defender rather than relying on excellent service.

5 Likes