EURO 2020 and COPA AMERICA 2021

:+1:

3 Likes

Croatia looked competitive even though they lost 1-0 to England. I think they can pass the group stage and you never know from then on.

Next up: Austria vs. North Macedonia - expecting either a draw or a narrow win for Austria.

2 Likes

They might pass the group. But didn’t combine well at all. Feel like they never have a plan going forward, every player needs to think, either and too many touches, or just randomly spill the ball because of no good options. They were lucky to have survived the first 20 min. from England, or it could have been a 3-0, 4-0 game loss. I wanted them too win as well.

2 Likes

I think the main problem, at least for most of the match was that Modric was playing quite advanced, and he’s more used to deeper roles in the midfield. Without Rakitic, the coach tried to experiment something in the midfield with a 4-1-2-3 with Brozovic as the main DM, but it didn’t work out well, especially in attack - hence less combining and ideas going forward. Also Brozovic is not cut out for that role, where Fernando would excel for example. He was caught off guard many times and lost possession, then the coach decided to move Modric back deeper, but it was too late.

Still, they have potential and I believe they can go far with a bit of luck, it all depends on their motivation this time around. Far from the 2018 Croatia though.

1 Like

And they put Kramaric on right mid. I don’t like any of it. I don’t like Rebic either. They have potential but they don’t come together in the right way. Also some concentration issues or something, like Brozovic or Gvardiol that young left back.

England is though tho to be fair. I just wanted to see a bit more believe.

2 Likes

Modric was high up yes, but he also was everywhere on the pitch, I think he did fairly well in controlling his companions and offering them as much as he could. But didn’t get much feedback if that makes sense.

2 Likes

That Gvardiol guy seemed ok… quite a weird surname for a Croatian - Gvardiol… never heard of it in all ex-Yugoslavia. Sound like Guardiola lol

5 Likes

Was hoping maybe Pasalic and Budimir maybe came earlier, but he prefered Petkovic. Hope they find their groove soon against Czech. Should be the right chance.

3 Likes

Austria has some superb players, I think they get it 2-0. Sabitzer is so good.

2 Likes

Netherlands need to bring in LDJ and save the day :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Their only plan seems to be around Depay…

3 Likes

Netherlands with the scraped out win vs. Ukraine. It was quite an interesting match, perhaps the most interesting so far, especially in the second half.

Next up we’ll have the commencing match of Copa America 2021 between Brazil and Venezuela. So far 11th minute still 0-0.

5 Likes

I can’t see Venezuela going very far in the competition unless things have changed recently. I have visited the country a few times and the only football pitch I remember seeing was deep in the Amazonia region.
The main sport played was baseball.

5 Likes

I think the biggest problem with Croatia is that the team that did so well in 2018 is mainly the same team playing now.
Youngest player 26. Oldest 35. Average around 31.
They need some new blood.

5 Likes

Yup. So weird how baseball is mainly big in the US and Japan, and then randomly it seems Cuba, Dominican Republic and Venezuela.

3 Likes

Praying nothing happens like that ever happens to you again, Tim.

3 Likes

@RmanNERD You are a gentleman :+1:

4 Likes

Vaclic flapped at a couple but has made some decent saves and for sure upped his sale price :grin:

Scotland losing 0-2 to Bohemia

Brazil won 3 -0 last night against the Boliviarian Kormunist prison camp of Venezuela.

4 Likes

Roughly 30% of players in MLB are from outside the US, with those three countries to include Puerto Rico and Japan making up the most of that lot. The families in those countries start these kids out early as making it to MLB is viewed as a way out. It is also a very cheap sport to play. MLB teams have invested heavily in these countries as well, creating academies similar to European futbol clubs.

I thought it was weird that Columbia didn’t bring James along for their 2021 hunt. They won last night although Ecuador was very competitive.

Tonight we have Argentina v Chile and Paraguay v Chile. So much football, I love it!

5 Likes

Add to that the upcoming Gold Cup and Summer Olympics… wooho!

5 Likes