Champions League 23/24 - Sevilla FC at Lens

So far so good, playing well but we have little threat up front. If only someone would shoot now and again.

6 Likes

Itā€™s so predictable. You give this club and team a chance to get into Europa league and they turn up! We go hell bent on playing as well as possible Haha.

That has to be arguably the best we played all season especially away. Lens were poor though and look so nervous and tense.

The problem is we have nothing to show for it which is the story of us. Even in games we played better we not clinical up front. Rakitic was unlucky was his shot but we should be winning.

A missed chance as I donā€™t expect lens that bad in 2nd half. That said our belief will grow and we have a real chance itā€™s just whether we can convert a chance here and the longer it goes we will need to gamble more. As that will leave us vulnerable to get caught.

Iā€™m impressed with our composure and ball possession. We looked solid and showed good experience. Itā€™s just not good enough in the final 3rd that costing us.

Anyway letā€™s see. We did better than I thought. Vamos sevilla!

4 Likes

Lens did nothing to trouble and we took advantage. Just canā€™t create those clear-cut chances to scare them into submission. Found our way into the box a couple times thru Juanlu & Pedrosa which tells me the plan is working. We just need a bit of magic, and we lack the players that provide that.

Also iā€™m admiring the work Soumare is doing in front of the backline, whether is covering positions, or setting the tempo for the buildup.

5 Likes

Iā€™d agree that itā€™s probably the best weā€™ve played this season. Excellent in possession. Just a lack of quality in the final third letting us down again.

I will caveat this with the fact that Lens were dreadful with awfully negative and fearful tactics playing for a draw at home.

4 Likes

I agree. I feel if we keep that up we deserve to hopefully get win. Got a bad feeling though it might not happen to sort of even out the lucky other years or matches where we got it and maybe didnā€™t deserve it.

I hope Iā€™m wrong though and we get the big win.

Vamos!

2 Likes

We had a Rakitic moment already, not sure if he will get another one. But we definitely need the magic as always.

God bless us :pray:

4 Likes

Lens canā€™t play worse but I feel if we can keep that up then we can get that goal. We just need to keep up the pressure up and see. Hopefully another chance falls to Rakitic or YEN.

1 Like

Juanlu is missing that cutting edge, but heā€™s developing rather well. On both sides of the ball too.

But i still feel we need Navas for this game. Not sure why heā€™s not in the squad cause i thought he was only suspended in the league. Perhaps he picked up a knock?

3 Likes

Yep, injured

2 Likes

Out for 8 weeks I think.

3 Likes

Oh wow what a try by Pedrosa! Great work rate from all the boys so far.

1 Like

Would love to see Lamela in that Torres role.

1 Like

So close, really inteligent attempt from Pedrosaā€¦

they got a penalty now thoā€¦

1 Like

He didnā€™t touch him.

2 Likes

SoumarƩ gets hit on his step with Medina his foot. Just unfortunate.

Wellpppā€¦

Keeps getting more symbolic.

3 Likes

How I look 90% watching Sevilla games in 2023

3 Likes

Lens score. Story of our season! Sigh :pensive:

1 Like

No way a penalty. His foot got caught in the grass and tripped himself.
What is VAR for?

4 Likes

Never a penalty. Absolute farce.

When your luck is out it really is.

4 Likes

Literally said that at half time. I agree!