Champions League 23/24 - Sevilla FC at Arsenal

hickslarry

1 Like

weā€™re playing better though

Sounds like it. Horrible approach if you need to rely on PSV to win. But this game can be given away, that is if we actually win both coming games. Or if our goal is to not become secondā€¦

2 Likes

if we go into the europa league weā€™d last a lot longer :sob: :sob: :sob:. i just want to make the ucl knockouts

1 Like

No creativity, no ideasā€¦ Just pathetic

2 Likes

We had a bit of possession but didnā€™t do much with it. Then got caught on counter. Not good but nice finish.

1 Like

thats not offside?

1 Like

Rookie mistake by Pedrosa. He should know Saka is a lefty. He should know scoring from that angle with the right foot is damn near impossible if the GK does his job. He should never been fooled the way he got.

3 Likes

I can see us drawing the last 2 matches. Against poorer teams like us we tend to draw. We will see.

1 Like

i dont even blame our players its diego alonso. the lineup is pathetic

5 Likes

If we draw PSV we can still go through. But need Arsenal to keep beating the others.

But honestly if we donā€™t win any game, we should just go home.

2 Likes

Things were better under Mendi than this.

3 Likes

I agree. I donā€™t know why the board sacked him.

1 Like

The suicidal selection, esp in midfield reduced whatever chances we had here to near zero. Fernando and Jordan behnd Sow gives neither proper protection nor any creativity, making the job of attacking three even harder - and why put Pedrosa in attack when you have Ocampos on the bench?

Now Soumare not surprisingly got a muscle injury after sitting on the bench for about an hour on a cold evening - and will be a doubt for the Derbi.

5 Likes

exactly. i was so against him being sacked because he was given no time. bad start in laliga fine but he made some great signings over the summer and at least his football looked like something. he also won us a trophy??

3 Likes

I agree this board keep making bad decision after bad decision. We in for another turbulent season just like last season. I wonā€™t be surprised if they sack alonso further down the line too.

4 Likes

I thought the board was too rash sacking Mendi also. Won us a trophy and comfortably kept us up last season. Had us playing some good football and an identity again and a few decent players brought in. Poor start to the La Liga season this year but I would have given him more time. Seem to have gone backwards under Alonso who appears to have no idea.

2 Likes

If they hold the same standard for Alonso as they did to Mendi yes. They said the results were the only reason that made them fire him, which isnā€™t the full truth but just corporate talk. They wanted a new direction and Orta got his way with his candidate and convinced them from his ideas. Also because other manager options were hesitant to come in, but still.

If we lose :poop: and Sociedad both not unthinkable. They sack him? And act like the final straw to continue in CL is up to the next coach and maybe that works miracles. Or they might give Alonso more wiggle room until.

1 Like

Itā€™s just been such a depressing watch tonight. We have offered absolutely nothing. Nothing.

5 Likes

Itā€™s the worst I seen us for a while. We always used to have some go in these games but itā€™s really sad to see us get dominated like this without laying a glove on them. You expect at least something to happen.

4 Likes