Champions League 23/24 - Sevilla FC at Arsenal

1 Like

Yall Ready For This Season 9 GIF by The Office

2 Likes

Nyland & Acuña both injured and do not travel. Maybe a blessing in disguise?

4 Likes

Not looking forward to this. I feel we might get an absolute bumming!

Let’s pray to the gods! Lol

2 Likes

Me too mate. Praying for a miracle lol!

2 Likes

I miss the old Mark! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I guess I’ve replaced the old Mark as the eternal optimist, wearer of rose-colored glasses. Remember, Mark, there’s plenty of room for more than one die hard Sevilla-optimist!

3 Likes

Hey hey… I hold the optimism crown here!

1 Like

Let’s cherry-pick some stats to make it look like we gonna win:

• Arsenal UEFA coefficient place is 23rd
    Sevilla UEFA coefficient place is 11th

• Arsenal won 0 European trophies in their entire existence
    Sevilla won 8 European trophies in the last 20 years (7 EUL, 1 Super)

• Arsenal had 0 points and an elimination in their last two games
    Sevilla had 1 point and an advancement in their last two games
    (calculator errors when trying to calculate the percentage of being better)

• Arsenal has 0 World Cup and 1 Euros winners (Jorginho)
    Sevilla has 3 World Cup and 2 Euros winners (Acuna, SRamos, JNavas)

• Mikel Arteta has lost 50 matches while being in charge of Arsenal
    Diego Alonso has never lost a match while being in charge of Arsenal

Stats don’t lie.

5 Likes

Every match is different. It’s starts 0-0 and we do raise our level for the bigger teams. Let’s hope it happens again! No pressure on us which is good.

Vamos mi Sevilla! :grinning:

4 Likes

Keep the faith mi amigo, im still here and i always feel when our backs are against the wall we can produce a performance and result under very difficult circumstances. We are still respected massively across Europe for our achievements and never say die attitude. We still have some great players and i always think once we have belief in our stride we can cause the best of teams problems. We need to turn up and show Arsenal the full passion of Andalucía - Vamos Equipo, vamos vamos mi campeones…

6 Likes

What are your thoughts on Arsenal?

I don’t have many thoughts on Arsenal. I don’t dedicate much time following the EPL so I don’t have any insight. I think they did our old manager Emery wrong and treated him very unfairly. I also think that Sevilla has a good chance of pulling a result if they fight and focus. Arsenal has some talented players and can throw a ton of money at solving any problems they may have. It’s a luxury that Sevilla doesn’t have.

3 Likes

Honestly, i think our best chance is how long we can keep a clean sheet. Their 1st goal in the last game came right before half time, but it still felt like it deflated us in the 2nd half.

4 Likes

Just make it third place Sevilla, I know what you plan to do😄

I’m on the road from southern Australia up to the North. Connection signals are somewhere in between decent and absolutely none. Will be seeing if I can tune in.

Not losing hope yet, a draw can do us well too but I’m going for that victory. Vamoos mi Sevilla!

4 Likes

What I don’t like at current Sevilla is the lack of counter-attacking mentality. We used to send through balls to YEN and he did score goals like these before. But nowadays all we try is the random crosses, which rarely work.

Yesterday’s Shaktar played beautiful counter attacking football against Barca. They could have scored more given the positions they wasted. That is exactly how we need to play againsts big boys.

3 Likes

Sat in a pub full of arsenal fans at finsbury park, only seen 2 sevillistas so far looks like we didn’t sell many tickets.

4 Likes

Sounds like you are going to have to do some work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Betting lines have us at +1100 to win and +295 to tie or win … not great! I threw some $ on tie or win because we have some chance for that, right? … right?!?

1 Like