Champions League 23/24 - Sevilla FC at Arsenal

If the idea was to lose this one horrendously, to win all the next games and make it out of group, while beating :poop: and Sociedad. It might work out for Alonso.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have what you smoking bro? Haha :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

We had a shot on target!! 97th minute! Lol

3 Likes

The only silver lining is PSV won and weā€™re only three points off a qualification position.

Still all to play for although I struggle to see where the next win is coming from right now.

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s the only positive. It actually keeps 2nd alive but at same time even makes the prospect of missing out on 3rd very possible.

The club and board will be happy with 3rd again but the way they going in that luck might run out here.

Anyway back to la liga and derby now. This is a huge match as we need a lift that would be perfect match to find it. Iā€™m not very confident though.

2 Likes

The fact Kike Salas had to start tonight shows the desperate state of our defense. Heā€™s shown on many occasions heā€™s out of his depth. If Pedrosa is just as sorry as a defender, why not just settle for 3 established CBs? I think @Enrico has been calling for a setup like that for while.

But still, I think yā€™all are quitting too quickly on Alonso. There was a lack of leadership in defense before he arrived and heā€™s looking for a solution. We donā€™t have the squad, nor the cohesion, to compete in the CL. Weā€™ve been lost at sea ever since Lope left, so itā€™s gonna take some time to rebuild that confidence.

Regardless of where we wanna kick the blame for this run of form right now, we must win on Sunday.

2 Likes

What a gutless performance that was. I could not believe the line up.
Martinelli won the 1st half all on his own. We never even passed the half way line never mind threatened a goal. Plenty of chants against Castro from the fans and when we lose on sunday things are going to get a lot worse for him.

6 Likes

Fail to wake up at my 4am to watch, look like Iā€™m lucky.

Looking at the score, 2-0, sounds reasonable.
Looking at the lineup, looks like already given up before the match.
Then looks at the stats, first shot at 97min, 0.04 expected goalā€¦. Feel bad for those Sevillista who fly to London.

3 Likes

Scoreline of 2-0 was unfair to Arsenal. Should have been 5-0, we got lucky. And those saved goals could end up defining whether we go through 3rd or 4th. I think head to head will always be the determinant in the battle for 2nd, but it could come down to goal difference in the battle for 3rd.

Anyhow, on to the derbi. A RSP derbi is like nothing weā€™ve seen this season, and could really be just the medicine we need to return to form, find our groove.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t watch it, coz I have been watching Bayern vs. Galatasaray match. Galatasaray played with a big heart there, giving everyhing they had. Gave Bayern a very hard time, only to conceed at 80ish minutes when they got very tired.

That was a defeat that I can excuse, while Sevilla didnā€™t even put up a fight.

You can get beat, but you cannot play that dull and weak. The fans donā€™t ever deserve this.

Ä° felt the Turkish supporters were still very happy even if their team got defeated yesterday. They could walk in the streets of Germany with their heads up.

6 Likes

Exactly. I guess you canā€™t ā€œnever give upā€ if you never even started trying.

6 Likes

We have a squad, they just need a kick up the ass.
Hereā€™s your man.

7 Likes

The return of @TimSpence2 , where ya been?!

2 Likes