Champions League 23/24 - Sevilla FC at Arsenal

Agreed mate. Line up just didn’t make any sense to me and the way we’ve set up. Don’t think we have a game plan.

No Ocampos, Lukebakio, Soumare?

2 Likes

It looks like we keeping then for the derby and letting this game go. Don’t like that mentality though.

4 Likes

No clue what’s going on in both senses of the word. just hoping we can reach half time without more damage.

1 Like

Lining up Fernando and Jordan in a game like this, a game in which you must rely on defense and counters, is beyond me

3 Likes

That’s how it looks to me. That’s clearly seen as the priority.

Nothing from an attacking sense whatsoever.

We’ve escaped if we go in only one down.

3 Likes

fernando playing is insane with how much more steady on the ball soumare is. mad lineup

2 Likes

Pathetic from this manager!

2 Likes

our centerbacks are doing well but we need changes for the next half

1 Like

Only positive is it is only 1!

3 Likes

i seriously dont know what diego alonso is doing with our team. i havent seen any game plan or mentality

4 Likes

I was just about to say that mate.

No attacking play at all. Didn’t even hear YEN or Lamela mentioned.

The best moment was that run from Pedrosa.

I don’t recall us having a shot.

Terrible.

6 Likes

Sounds very rough and hopeless of what I’m reading here.

PSV leading against Lens, so as Ryan said we can potentially draw them and Lens on 5 points each with a win next game.

But not giving much confidence so far.

2 Likes

On this form I’m not even confident we can beat PSV at home. We are a complete mess and I can’t work out why we hired this manager. It’s very puzzling so far.

3 Likes

The plan is to counter, but these guys are too scared to play out of defense, and just hit wayward passes hoping to get bailed out by the speed of YEN & Pedrosa. I think Alonso shoulda switched to a back-5 a bit sooner, but we’d still get torched by Martinelli & Saka.

It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario, cause even with the starters, Arsenal would still play us off the park and we’d have no outlet for any forward moves. But at least it’s only 1-0… :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

i think juanlu will stay. its a learning experience for him and i think he will do better next half. what we need is a midfield lol.

rakitic and soumare to start then ocampos can come in later if needed. we can still do damage. vamos mi sevilla!!!

5 Likes

Those changes would help, but we could do so much better if Sow took more initiative in the start of these moves. Fernando & Jordan already know they can’t dare to take a risk and turn against one of these pressing Arsenal players, so he’s the only one that can free us from our half. Lamela suffers as a result of this as the ball is nowhere close to reaching him.

1 Like

seems we have no made any changes :confused:

This is fucker looked at that first half and said, nah we good.

2 Likes

Personnel means nothing if it’s the same approach.

1 Like

its so weird that we’re playing our b team in a tight match that we need to win. does the derby really matter more than this?

3 Likes