1 Like

He means the fans will learn a lot, not lope or the player :wink:

1 Like

He’s injured and didn’t make the trip.

And so it begins…

1 Like

Will we see more manitas this season?

100%.

I’m willing to bet from now that we’ll see them at least 5 times this season in all competitions.

I can only imagine what would happen if this debacle was received by Atletico Madrid under Simeone in a pre-season match. First I’m sure it wouldn’t ever happen because it’s a different mentality and pair of balls over there. It would be a scandal with many consequences.

While for us, it’s just another day in the office.

We don’t really have a defence now, so anything goes.
Clearly we’ve been beaten fair and square but a lot of us here saw it coming and so we are not surprised.

I’m afraid this will happen even with a full team and defense against teams like Arsenal, which are not spectacular teams by any means. Barca can easily do this to us. RM too… then the first team in the pot in CL group stages and the team we’ll face next if we somehow go through.

Having some Eduardo Berizzo vibes/flashes now.

I’d rather you keep criticizing Lope this season than bring up Simeone & Atletico. Fuck that team.

1 Like

Really good free kick set up from Arsenal.

Well that is one thing but another is that Simeone played almost the entire 21/22 preseason with Cantera.

Arsenal just beat Chelsea 4-0 too so they are a good team it’s just they’ve spent a ton of money this summer and are ready. We have the same team minus our two center backs playing a very good and ready Arsenal team. I saw this coming tbh.

2 Likes

I just finished work… Thank f##k I missed this one.

I think Monchi and Castro need to be asking themselves real questions, as they may be watching games in a half-full stadium this year. Can’t be asking fans to watch this debacle week in, week out!

As others have said, this team can’t handle pacey teams.

Definitely a good team, 6 for Arsenal - 0 for Arsenal de la Liga, as Shendm would say.

1 Like

Hope we don’t have to pay a fine for not showing up in the finals of the Emirates Cup.

Alright, this one’s done. On to tomorrow.

I know it’s toxic to say “I’m glad we lost, it’s better for the team”, but this should have more of an impact than another drab 1-1.

Onto Leicester!

1 Like

In true SFC form, we’re now even on point differential this preseason.

Big-brained move to just go for the super-draw…

2 Likes