Arsenal vs Sevilla FC [2022 Emirates Cup Final]

Shocking. Always playing from deep, never control the centre-park and now our defence has a nightmare. Let’s see if we can recover anything from this game in the second half.

1 Like

Overall no. But we still had 1 or 2 good looks that we didn’t capitalize on. YEN found in the box, but his touch let him down. Fernando winning ball back in good position, but his pass to Lamela was too heavy and went out.

Other than that, we’re still playing our usual game. Perhaps it’s not to get too gassed for the Leicester game tomorrow. But that sounds more like an excuse than anything.

From this moment on, I will not comment on the coach anymore. Everything that had to be said was said over 3 seasons already and I don’t like parroting. Sometimes it’s inevitable to state the obvious, but we all know it already.

From now on it will be on the players and Monchi. I will shift the analysis and critics on that part.

As a final note and the last comment on this - we are not doing any favor to the club and Lope by keeping him and not solving the issues. The issues? Plenty. No real replacement for Banega. No energetic box-to-box midfielder that will carry the midfield. Etc. etc.

Either sack the pathetic coach or get him the players to perform at his best, which is somehow keep the 4th place (if lucky) and that’s it. This way, we even risk doing that and it would be wrong to blame the coach for not reaching the objectives (although poor) if you don’t provide him with the necessary reinforcements. This is like keeping someone hostage ffs.

2 Likes

No changes at ht

3 SAT players warming up !

This part x 100.

And it’s more than just Banega’s profile, it was his personality too.

2 Likes

I’ve seen Elche play better against RM.

@ChrisLail

Watching it on another stream now. Was watching on TV before but there are some issues with the local provider.

This back-passing is purely amateur shit - it will make teams like us succumb to pressure easily. Just shoot the ball… kick it!

Playing without a striker is very difficult. I mean a professional one that can get the job done, not a superstar, but not a pathetic shitty amateur either.

I will say I love that Lamela is getting booed every time he touches the ball. Top tier banter there.

1 Like

Still no changes? This must be the undisputed first team then :stuck_out_tongue:

What a great bunch this is…

I wouldn’t look too much into it. We have another game tomorrow as well.

It’s a fad that’s passed, just watch Real Madrid, it’s once across and then upfield. It also invites pressure, the last thing you need when the defence is wobbly.

I’m curious if our mental is fragile for example you can see some more insecurity, now than Vs Spurs for example. Some result might affect us more negatively if this goes through to our la Liga campaign.

1 Like

Get that shit out. Bring on the other superstar… Rafa Mirinho!

1 Like

4 changes, all canteranos.

If this ends 7-0 I don’t mind either, we will learn a lot

2 Likes

Will we?

2 Likes

Not convinced, but I know what you mean.