Arsenal vs Sevilla FC [2022 Emirates Cup Final]

What the fuck is going on?

Also, En-Nesyri is still a joke.

Itā€™s really not that surprising, some easy mistakes yes. But this happened back in Leipzig, Lille and others. But this time you see it on the score.

This one is on Lope IMHO.
still the same old shit weā€™ve mentioned numerous time last season: game play under high press.
Arsenal press high unlike Tottenham last game.
Itā€™s inevitable when Lope has done no shit to improve his game.

3 Likes

Also, alsoā€¦ Iā€™m already bitter, and the season hasnā€™t even started. Buckle up folks, because I have a feeling that the podcasts this year are going to be off the rails :joy:

1 Like

I think itā€™s actually what we need, a good punishment. To get real, and to realize thereā€™s a lot of work to be done. Instead of just another 1-1 draw and thinking all is good when the season starts weā€™ll ā€˜be fineā€™.

Arsenal way more competition ready.

5 Likes

No lmprovement on last season we need to get rid asap.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what we were supposed to do :man_shrugging:

I thought this was going to be a complete overhaul. Instead we sell our two best defenders and sign absolutely no one for our attack or midfield. Thatā€™s on Monchi.

I canā€™t remember conceding 4 in a preseason game.

Lope has run out of idea. I donā€™t think he can improve his game anymore, at least under Sevilla.
just sold someone and pay for Lopeā€™s exit and get Sampaoli back.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just glad itā€™s a preseason gameā€¦

I will say, Iā€™ve been impressed by Carmona this pre-season. I donā€™t think weā€™ll be successful if he needs to start for us, but heā€™s making strides and can definitely be a role player/sub.

1 Like

He was out of ideas, 3 years ago. But it was held up by individuals. There is no skill, in slow back line build up play when itā€™s allowed and relying on moments, Papu, Rakitic whatever to win a game. And get stomped by pressing teams but somehow rely on defense and survive.Years of none improvement and the results start to catch up to him, when quality individuals covered for the cracks.

5 Likes

Fragile mentality exposed. Arsenal didnā€™t even have to work hard for those goals. Weā€™ll be fine as long as the players remember how quickly this can go south. Which is why we have to be ruthless from the 1st whistle.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just hoping the team doesnā€™t collapse completely and we somehow remain competitive. Mentally especially. Thinking you are better than you were is this danger, which many of you have had under Lope. I still think itā€™s possible to be competitive but definitely tough, there are plenty of competitors that can overtake us Sociedad, :poop:, Villareal, Valencia and if they all do it, youā€™re lucky to be 8th.

I still think the team has this group atmosphere and willingness together as squad to fight and to get results somehow. Which is the bare minimum Iā€™m expecting this year.

1 Like

So weā€™re doing well right? :eyes:

1 Like

I think this is an overall managerial issue with Lope, itā€™s a lack of skill. The skill of not succumbing to high pressure and finding a way through that. That was the reason we thrashed his RM team with quick pressure and counters - that was the reason he was sacked. His tactics cannot handle pressure, and any half-decent team with some pace will wreak havoc in Lopetegui. He could manage WORLD FC with the best players on this planet and the same would happen.

He is a coach that doesnā€™t learn from his mistakes and does not want to improve, simple as that. He lacks progress and development, just like a communist regime dictator. That is the only reason we will not do anything meaningful with him as a coach, ever.

3 Likes

Others are expanding their technologies with new inventions, we are still behind castle walls ;).

1 Like

wouldā€™ve loved to guysā€¦ back in Kampala for August. Iā€™m way overdue to join. though by the looks of itā€¦ seems this isnt a bad game to have missed.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Lope is good at getting 4th in La Liga (only), which align with Castro perfectly.
We have to bear with Lope for a few more season.

2 Likes