Winter 2023 Transfer Thread

About frigging time the club took a hardline on freeriders and those who are not willing to give their all to the club.

Acuna is an important piece but his behaviour has pissed me off, there are younger cheaper alternatives on the market. Papu only shone for that half season when he arrived in January and has gone downhill from there. Another high earner off the list. Januzaj wasn’t even wanted in the first place and an embodiment of the shambolic transfer window. Toss in Suso, Dolberg and one of Rakitic or Jordan and we can start over again.

7 Likes

I’m upset to hear about Acuña, even if it is understandable for the club to be upset.

Don’t entirely blame him for wanting to take part in the World Cup, sure his attitude could be better but it may be his last World Cup.

Hope the strain between him and the club is released, it would be very unfortunate to let a player of his quality walk. Should at least stay until the summer, we need him until then. (And by then, maybe the damage can be reduced)

The other two are completely understandable

5 Likes

I’m of the same opinion. Extremely disappointed with him but understand his position provided that all the press talk is correct.

The Argentines are very nationalist, Sampaoli left Sevilla for the national team, that’s the drawback of Argentine players.

It’s just that Acuña is cashing in a few million every year and Sevilla are paying. A bitter pill to swallow.

4 Likes

I really don’t like the Ronaldo rumours, not saying they are most realistic but you can’t be serious if you put your hopes on a guy who lost a lot of credit for his behaviours and outings at Man Utd just to pat and protect his own ego. Incredible goalscorer, but I don’t think he gives two fucks about our project and he will just walk away and says he’s done if it doesn’t flow like he wants.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SVQBiris1/status/1597532338640277504?t=CIb472dmlZr0dZAvH1RyCg&s=19

As I’ve flagged at some point recently… These three guys are great but just not enough to be making that kind of money at a club of Sevilla’s stature. Wondering if we can get any of them to go find new adventures after the World Cup…MLS? China?

2 Likes

Not sure If I believe the Gudelj one, it was around 2.5-3m and he had to agree on a salary lowering last year, does each screamer he scores result in a 1m raise or what…

I think most sources are in line with this. Also if we were to pay 5.2m for a player like Gudelj, we would have been beyond the point of sanity. Nobody in the right mind, would do that.

Rakitic (since his return) hasn’t justified the expense, however I think his standing with the club means they wouldn’t try to push down his salary. He loves it in Sevilla, so I doubt he’d be tempted to go overseas unless someone really throws a huge salary at him.

I think what people have said about Gudelj is right, surely you wouldn’t make a squad player the second highest earner, especially given he had been loaned out the season before he joined.

Navas can keep his money till he retires, he’s done enough for the club imo.

2 Likes

According to various news, the price for Acuna has been decided at 12m. Villareal, Aston Villa and Wolves are said to be interested. I did not expect that Acuna would really leave, now it will be necessary to look for a new left back.

1 Like

Lopetegui is said to want him. Transfermarket says 14M market value and we paid 11.25 so 12 seems pretty good. We will probably sell him for 7.

2 Likes

I’d be upset to see Acuna go. As much as his attitude has annoyed me, saving himself to play for Argentina (get that he wants to play for his country), he is still one of our top players and would be a big loss. I don’t really want to be relying on just Telles and that would mean we need another left back.

Happy for Papu and Januzaj to go from that ‘blacklist’ and the likes of Suso, Dolberg, Jordan, Rakitic and Delaney can join them.

A wholesale revamp needed which I appreciate won’t be done in one January market.

6 Likes

I don’t think there are any players we won’t sell for a decent price, we are in reconstruction mode without sufficient money to reconstruct.

4 Likes

Such a sad state this club is in. Acuna & Papu are two of the only players on this team I actually enjoy watching play. Both sides of the argument are understandable, but this is pretty disappointing to hear. In the end, Sevilla are paying him to play for them. End of story

3 Likes

According to information from Sky, TSG Hoffenheim is dealing with Kasper Dolberg from FC Sevilla.

Intensive and positive talks have already taken place. The 25-year-old striker can very well imagine a move to TSG, and the Dane also fits perfectly into Hoffenheim’s profile.

4 Likes

Adios…no big loss. He really didn’t integrate and was never a presence on the field.

2 Likes

Great for us

3 Likes

They did take Dabbur off our hands so lightning could strike twice lol.

3 Likes

They can have him.

Any chance of this Goncalo Ramos and Rafael Leao coming to us? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s going to be such a strange January transfer window. I expect lots of movement by a lot of teams because of the WC.

4 Likes

True, you usually see a lot of WC inspired movement in August after a WC, but this was one is weird because January is usually quiet but this big break in domestic competition and the timing of the WC will make it a much more active January, I suspect

2 Likes