Winter 2023 Transfer Thread

Reports of agreement with Basaksehir for Januzaj pending physical.

6 Likes

Good!!!

2 Likes

When Gattoni come?

Didn’t someone say on here that the plan was for him to be signed but loaned out through July?

2 Likes

So there’s 1 spot left if Januzaj leaves? Technically 2 as Marcao won’t return this season as projected.

We need a CB!

3 Likes

Not sure what happened with the Gattoni deal — something about us wanting to pay the €1.5M transfer fee in instalments. :unamused:

Marcao should return sometime in March. So we’re gonna rock with Bade - Nianzou - Rekik - Gudelj for now.

2 Likes

So far so good with Bade in the back. Hasn’t faced great competition yet though.

2 Likes

Sunday is the battle of titans…Ba :vs: Koun.

Pretty fair match up, ¿No?

not crying GIF by The Village

3 Likes

Lopes is actually doing decently in Ligue 1 with 3 goals and 5 assists. That’s probably more than Sevilla’s entire midfield combined minus the penalites. I think he can contribute as 1) Lope didn’t even talk or play him and 2) his market value has diminished so much only Ligue 1 teams would take him.

It’s Idrissi and Oscar I’m worried about, that’s a solid 20m going to waste. Just shows what our former coach was all about - spunking cash on mediocre players and then not playing them.

And what about Januzaj? I was hoping to wake up this morning to see that he sodded off, or does the Turkish league have a later deadline.

5 Likes

I still hope Óscar Rodriguez might come good. Never really given a fair chance by Lope.

3 Likes

Alex Telles back in training today. Was worried for the LB spot for a minute.

7 Likes

That’s good… When they said he done his ACL at the World Cup I thought it was a bit drastic as it didn’t look that bad at the time.

GK: Bono, Dmitrovic

RB: Montiel, Jesus Navas

LB: Acuña, Alex Telles (Rekik)

CB: Bade, Marcāo, Rekik, Nianzou (Gudelj, Fernando)

DM: Fernando, Gueye, Gudelj

CM: Rakitic, Oliver Torres, Papu Gomez, Jordan

WGs: Ocampos, Lamela, Bryan Gil, Suso, Corona

ST: En-Nesyri, Rafa Mir

That squad looks so much better already. I definitely think in the summer we need to be looking at either promoting Valentino Fattore, Pablo Perez and Carlos Alvarez. I still think CB needs strengthening, and probably both FB positions if we don’t sign Telles.

Younger, hungry CMs. And a striker that differs to YEN and Rafa.

In all honesty the squad needs a lot of work and we may have to lose some key players (Bono, YEN, Lamela) to fund a bigger project.

6 Likes

I think that overall this is not a bad team, but the CM positions are too old and not good enough. But summer transfer window will be hard, we don’t have selling material, a lot of loan players will be gone and our players on loan are not good.

6 Likes

Interesting to read Monchi’s thoughts on the January transfer window. I largely agree with what he says.

5 Likes

Hell of a statement: " "You only have to look at the money spent on the squad to see how much we have invested. The problem isn’t to do with winning, it’s to do with the investments made that aren’t paying off. The money is out on the pitch but it has been invested in the wrong players, of course “”

6 Likes

So Chelsea have spent more than la liga and bundesliga combined, and neither have Madrid nor Barcelona splashed out because there is no new Messi available and they don’t have the money if there was. Yet Spanish football will continue to compete at European level, proof that money doesn’t necessarily equate to football supremacy.

4 Likes
3 Likes

counter point -

1 Like

B grade? I don’t know man. These are all loans one way or another, most without buy options. I don’t see this as really doing shit but maybe getting us out of the cellar of La Liga.

I mean with the overheated market and EPL gushing money at a higher rate than a 13-year-old’s lotion bottle, I guess it’s ok. But I can’t give it higher than a C.

4 Likes

5 Likes