Winter 2023-24 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

isaac romero sounds very promising. i really like the guy and we do need some more attacking options

4 Likes

Totally different types of player to be fair, I never thought Ivan Romero would make it with us anyway.

1 Like

There’s again talk of the wage bill being too high to incorporate any new players. We know Fernando is halfway out the door, but who else should follow?

It would both parties if Rafa Mir found another club. I don’t know what the issue is with Jordán (injury? form? personal?), but i see him in a similar boat.

I doubt 2024 is the year for Marcão, and i have given up on him long term. For his sake, i hope he can score a loan somewhere so he can rehabilitate slowly. Should the same apply for Nianzou? I’d say between him & Gattoni, we should at least get an experienced CB to come in. All we have is Bade.

Lastly, both Acuña & Lamela are free agents in the summer. We can cut ties with both, since we need younger options anyway. Acuña can still do a job, but if there’s offer for him, i hope we don’t impede on those. As for Lamela, he’s too injury prone, and we let go of Tecatito for the same reasons. Not to mention Ocampos & Suso are in the same age bracket, and we already need to improve on them.

The winter window isn’t the best time to complete many deals, but we should be clear on at least a few names that vacate some roster spots.

5 Likes

i feel like acuna and navas will be sorely missed as they provided solidity in both attack and defense. despite this, pedrosa will provide a smooth transition away from acuna, but juanlu has been struggling in the league in my eyes. maybe a more experienced full back could be in our transfer books?

In my opinion, our two biggest spots to fill are striker and centerback.

nianzou has played well this season, but we need more options when it comes to solid starters. no clue why gattoni hasnt been playing for us but he was great with san lorenzo

when it comes to our striker situation its hard to see where we can go from here. we need someone who can help us out during the buildup and help create chances and yen isnt the striker for that. isaac romero looks like a good option, but i think signing someone (or playing dodi or ocampos out of position) would be our best bet

5 Likes

Wasn’t even in the squad for Getafe and neither for Granada. Odd!

1 Like

Next summer - 2025 for Acuna.

3 Likes

not surprised as hes got the most playtime under mendi. diego alonso didnt seem to rate him

1 Like

Even if he doesn’t leave, we may need to buy a striker … Consider this your unwelcome monthly reminder that we’re about to lose YEN for a huge chunk of Jan and into February. Mariano better come back and in big form in January, if not.

Can’t believe how bad of luck we’ve had on strikers. So many weaker clubs with much smaller budgets have found solid strikers on the market, and we’re somehow unable to find a consistent striker since maybe 2018. Ben Yedder?

I often wonder if we’re better off just switching formations to play sans striker and admitting that we have no chance up front.

4 Likes

I was betting on Luke to takeover centrally, but that MCL… :weary:

Also, i’m 98% convinced Mariano’s only here on vacation. :unamused:

2 Likes

Issac Romero clap clap clap

2 Likes

As much as I’d love to see Isaac get a game he hasn’t been in a match day squad yet, and he hasn’t even got a first team squad number as yet either.

Capoue added to the rumor list. I think his prime years are long gone and the last bits of energy were used on Villarreal’s recent successes in EL and CL.

Not sure what he can contribute more than Fernando in the midfield at this point - he’s rumored to be a substitute for Fernando, but at 35.5 years old… come on!

3 Likes

We need young blood! I’d rather see us give Soumare, Bueno and Sow as many minutes as possible alongside Rakitic / Oliver than waste our time and limited funds on a has been.

6 Likes

YEN is off to Ivory Coast to join the Morocco NT in the 2023 African Cup of Nations in the first days of January.

We will be without YEN until at least 27th of January, and more than that if Morocco NT advances further - which is expected to happen given their group.

Another headache for QSF now that we have the chance to not only gather some very important points in La Liga, but push as much as we can in CDR too.

4 Likes

Really hope we aren’t relying upon Mariano to be fit for January.

4 Likes

Why can’t we install Rafa Mir instead. He is decent, at least in Football Manager…

And I know Football Manager rarely misjudges any player.

2 Likes

My colleague said it best : “Rafa Mir looks like a really good football player, until you actually see him play”

3 Likes

That isn’t even true, he is a good player just poorly used.

1 Like

I think we will have no option but to give Rafa a chance to step up and show his worth. He will be needed unless we bring in a new forward.

Mariano is a waste of space as far as I’m concerned and we should never have signed him.

4 Likes

I agree. I feel he hasn’t been given much of a chance by last few managers. He needs to be given a chance and with some trust maybe his confidence can increase a bit?

Unless we sign a striker in January then he will get his chance to shine with YEN in the AFCON.

I hope he steps up and takes it. He showed promise when he first come and he needs some confidence. I hope he finds it again,

3 Likes