Winter 2023-24 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

Montiel will be back in Jan :shushing_face:

Have to keep our academy players. Too many have left!

Or in the jailhouse. :frowning:

It has been proven over and over again for the last, at least 3-4 years, that we don’t do anything valuable with the money that we get from selling players. We don’t even replace players in a strategic way… so we better keep what we have and only get rid of the ones we don’t want to have in the team.

Selling Juanlu, currently one of the best RWB’s in La Liga would be plain stupid at this point.

6 Likes

But we are plain stupid at this point. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I dunno, I see your arguments here, but in my view, the only convincing financial argument I’ve ever heard about Sevilla FC’s financial troubles are this:

We have tried to hold on for too long to promising players and then once we decide we are ready to sell, they have lost their market value.

In other words, what got us into financial ruin was refusing to sell-high since 2019ish. So continuing that pattern seems to be unlikely to help…or am I wrong here?

3 Likes

I can see your argument Ryan.

1 Like

For those who thought he was in our reach. Bryan Zaragoza to Bayern for 13m.

Curious if we have enough to cook with this winter.

1 Like

Don’t really know where to put this, but Navas is out for six to eight weeks

1 Like

Don’t sell JuanLu!

2 Likes

Also see Acuña apparently linked to Wolves last night.

Bring the moneybags :moneybag::moneybag: and he’s for sale. Hasn’t been the same since the World Cup

6 Likes

comedy central GIF by Workaholics

3 Likes

Well true. Both he and Papu Gomez seemed to have had a funny spell going off with Argentina at times, they seem to put the NT ahead of the ones who actually pay their wages. Not like we don’t have Pedrosa, although we seem to constantly be looking for LBs and RBs which seem to hamper our ability to improve our attacking options.

He’s been awesome! Worth way more than the 8 million market value. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Fernando has played his last game for Sevilla.

1 Like

Will Gueye’s suspension be up? Would it be smart/dumb to go for him in the winter with lack of match practice?

Also, i’m hoping Isaac Romero gets a look after training with the squad today.

3 Likes

It’s funny you mention him Edi s I noticed he has started laying for Marseille now so his suspension is done.

2 Likes

Really we should have taken him midweek. He’s a good lad, not sure if he is La Liga standard but he can play anywhere across the front four, and we need someone a bit dynamic who can find the back of the net. Realistically this is probably his last year with SAT so now is the time to shine.

3 Likes

He’s got a bit of pace to his game and that’s always welcome. Hoping he has a better time adapting physically than Ivan Romero did.

2 Likes

Also which ambitious talented players, are willing to come join us in January and basically enter a house that’s on fire, to try and salvage it.

The ones who have a lot of options? Probably not.
The ones with problematic situations at their club already and are looking for a way out. Or the ones that look further than this season and love to grow at our club independent of results, but those might be rare. Another big challenge for Orta.

3 Likes