UEL R32: Sevilla v CFR Cluj (2nd leg) [2019-20]

SEVILLA FC vs. CFR CLUJ {1-1 agg.}
Thursday, February 27th, 2020
1500 EST / 2100 CET / 0700 AEST

Although far from a vintage performance in the 1st leg, Sevilla still managed to leave Romania with the advantage of an away goal. Having won all 3 group games at home, we look to extend that record and progress to the Round of 16.

Escudero returns, while Munir continues to be outcasted. Vaclík & Fernando trained normally despite injury scares earlier in the week.

Projected XI (4-3-3): Bono; Kounde, Gómez, Diego Carlos, Reguilón; Gudelj, Jordán, Óliver; Suso, En-Nesyri, Nolito.

The win last weekend was desperately needed, as the business end of the season has arrived. The RSP will be eagerly anticipating a return to form after very tepid displays in recent weeks. Will Sunday’s victory be consolidated?

“If they say they’re putting their lives on the line, we must put in even more than them.” - Joan Jordán

#VamosMiSevilla
#ThisIsOurCup

2 Likes

If we get knocked out (somehow), Lope should also get knocked out!

We should win tonight. I’ll emphasise the word should.

1 Like

Big match! Have to win this tonight! Another pressure game for Lopetegui. Vamos sevilla!!

Going off previous seasons and managers. I would imagine if we go out tonight he will be gone. The europa league seems to be the one the club like and if we fail then it’s game over

1 Like

Just tuned into this. Did i miss much?

Wow De Jong! Learning a couple things from Mudo i see!

Wait… we’re playing the exact same lineup? No rest to Navas either? Well if it aint broke…

1 Like

2nd time we get our own shot blocked by a teammate! Lmao

They seem to be settling into this 3-4-3. A goal is definitely coming.

Two fine stops from Bono to keep us in it. The crowd at the RSP are getting restless.

2 Likes

That dominating spell made them underestimate Cluj, and then the defending got sloppy.

1 Like

Losing all composure. Did Lope get overconfident at halftime himself?

Lucky few minutes. Goal disallowed for handball in the build up and now there down to 10 men. If we scrape through the last few minutes. Lopetegui is lucky to still be in a job.

A huge let of for us and especially for Lopetegui there. Looks like we scraped through by skin of our teeth!

And we’re trying to win this competition? Tah!

3 Likes

That was a scandalous goal let in from Bono… thankfully it was a very obvious handball, otherwise a real shame. Bono performed well in overall however.

We made it through somehow, Lope and the team live to fight another day!

2 Likes

Lopetegui was on the brink of losing his job there. He’s skating on thin ice. Getafe win was great but just a reprieve. I still don’t like the negative tactics especially at home. We dont dominate games at the pizjuan like we used to. It was another struggle and credit to the defence for pulling us through the tie.

We need to be more offensive at home and still not convinced with what I’m seeing. Lopetegui survives for now but things have to improve quickly and especially at home.

1 Like

That was a Romanian team. Uggg

Romanian CHAMPIONS

From the remaining teams, I’d expect the following ones to win the EL before us (not that we are in the equation, just wishful thinking that we might win it anyway):

1. Man Utd

2. Inter Milan

3. Roma

4. Bayer Leverkusen

1 Like

We’ve got through but that was hard to watch. With all due respect to Cluj, we should be beating them comfortably and to scrape through like that isn’t good enough. A few years ago we would have won no problem.

Our football is so negative under Lope and we don’t look like scoring and I don’t fancy us to beat anyone. We’re not going to win the EL playing like that. Lope survives to live another day but the football under him isn’t enjoyable. This isn’t the Sevilla way and I’m 100 % that he’s not the right man to lead this club going forward.

1 Like