UEL R32: CFR Cluj v Sevilla (1st leg) [2019-20]

Wouldn’t it be better to wait till the summer if we are to sack the coach? Surely we’ll have more options then.

Will we if we aren’t in any competitions other than Liga and Copa?

Lopetegui fuera

JLo said he thought the team played well today and showed good character while playing on a really terrible field. He blamed the field conditions.

1 Like

oh, the usual suspect… Remember the field played its part when Mirandes disaster happened :slight_smile:

The team lacked creativity yesterday. Playing with two defensive midfielders against such a weak opponent surprised me as well…

3 Likes

Typical of weak managers… always the blame on something else.

We use to joke about the ‘conditions’ when playing 6 a side with friends. Sometimes the ball is softer or it’s too hot/cold, so what? It’s the same for both teams!

While in professional football, if you don’t overcome the difficulties and adapt - you’re not a serious team. It was CFR Cluj after all.

2 Likes

As if we do any better in a ‘good’ field…

1 Like

Basically what Lope is saying, our home pitch has to be terrible.

4 Likes

Lope always has excuses. The fact is we’re not good enough under him. He has a good squad and he’s not getting the best out of them. The tactics are so negative and we never look like we’re going to score.
I don’t feel confident that we can beat anyone right now. We need to replace him before we end up finishing outside of the European places altogether and have an early Europa League exit.

1 Like

I feel he’s gonna lineup the team against Getafe exactly like in the Cluj game. He played the same way against Atlético. Just gonna have to play ugly against Bordalás. Either we come away with the lucky breakthrough, or we lose 3-0.

2 Likes

Can see us getting beat. They’re playing really well. You’re not a bad side if you can beat Ajax.

Again not a great performance. It’s an okay result though with an away game goal. We should get through from here.

The wheels are coming off though and I feel if we want a shot at winning the Europa league and top 4 we need to change the manager soon.

We just not positive enough under Lopetegui. Big game at Getafe now but I’m not confident at all on recent form. Getafe are playing great at moment so expectations are low. Vamos!

1 Like

I bet Banega gets the start tmrw and maybe Nolito too for no reason. Also how good must De Jong have felt to see En-Nesyri next to him on the EL goal to pass to? Seemed to freeze for a sec at the thought of actually having to shoot…or maybe he couldn’t believe the ball hadn’t come from a cross.
#LopeteguiFuera

I reckon we will lose 3-0 to Getafe. And hopefully that will be the nail in the coffin.

1 Like