UEL R32: CFR Cluj v Sevilla (1st leg) [2019-20]

Ocampos been so individualistic this season that he’s forgotten how to pass. Only seems willing to play with Suso.

Feel for Suso though, just barely arrived, and we seem to depend on him already.

When I first got into Spanish football in the mid 90s, Sevilla always played in all white. The Black socks only came about again in 2005/06 I think.

Fernando again needing to be everywhere, coz the rest is lacking.

1 Like

What the fuck was that from Kounde? Has to be a PK.

Yes, thats a Penalty. Looks like another 2nd half on struggle street. Terrible start.

Beating ourselves up again.

On the brightside, Lope can get sacked. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Vaclik guesses right, but can’t get down fast enough to stop the goal. Sevilla are down 1-0 in the 59’.

If J.Lo is going to play three in the back, why have Escudero at LM and not Lopes or better yet Munir?

1 Like

Lopetegui OUT.

So Navas off - En-Nesyri on Kounde out wide.

Navas looked terrible in this game. His legs look tired.

lacking players who can hold and pass a ball under pressure. Im sorry for Fernando and Suso. Jordan can play straight shit 10 games in a row.

We all saw this coming, he’s been playing the full 90 for 99% of our games this season. No idea what the board and Monchi were thinking by not going for any backup in the Jan window.

Also, is it just me or is Lope trying a twisted version of Sheffield United’s tactics with the centre backs, Kounde has been parked outside the area and starting attacks and giving overlapping runs and this was before Navas was subbed.

Pfeww… we got the away goal.

1 Like

Well, nobody saw that coming

Lope’s bacon is saved for the weekend then

Kounde has created two chances now being at RB. Maybe he should get the start there this weekend to give Navas a rest?

We were starting to have some pressure, further up the field. Lopes keeping it wide. But how the goal came to be, pure luck. A deflected shot again, falling to the feet of de Jong, who lays of to En Nesyri. Only thing leading to this, was having more bodies in their box.

1 Like

Not sure what’s the point of prolongation when obviously nothing’s working even vs. a side like Cluj (with all due respect to them).

I think sacking Lope is inevitable… better be done sooner than later.

I’d get Emery back in the blink of an eye, if that’s our closest option at the moment.

What a series of games lately…

Yeah maybe they are looking to find a more conclusive reason for actually sacking Lope. Maybe like dropping out of Copa, Champions League Contention and Europa League might do the job.