UEFA Champions League 2021-22 Thread

I remember some shendm quote he isn´t close to youssef´s level. I thought it was funny then, but its even more funny now :joy: Sorry shendm

3 Likes

Villareal is a pleasure to watch, how they play together and their passing. And how they give it all to create chances.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel for them. They play great football but unfortunately are a bit naive at times in both boxes that costs them matches. They play great football though which is great on the eye.

1 Like

Atleast they try to play for the win, and you can´t excuse them for it. They play forward, force well and could have scored 2-3 goals as well. Which unfortunately they didn´t. The risk indeed is that Juve scores 2 more and its over. But They TRY.

2 Likes

Yeah true. I admire their philosophy and they create lots of opportunities. I believe they could be doing better than they are with a bit more luck.

The problem they have is they do miss a lot of chances and they aren’t as great defensively. On their day though they can give anyone a game and are great to watch going forward.

1 Like

I took the bait on considering certain players amazing, especially strikers, but I won’t do that mistake ever again. Now a player has to actually prove himself in big matches against big clubs in order for me to consider them amazing.

3 Likes

You want them to keep 4 man back at own half. And throw in crosses to 1 man in the box. No they are dedicated as a team, to attack and score.

I really hope they’ll manage to do something in this tie and go through. It’ll be extremely difficult against Juve (regardless of their overall form this season, they’re still a top club) but not impossible.

Without the away goal rule, conceding at home is not that big of a deal anymore.

2 Likes

We can certainly learn from them in the attacking sense. Funny enough they can learn from us in defence. If we had their attacking qualities or dare I say it :poop: attacking philosophy we’d be much better off. Whereas they lack our defensive qualities.

We need both clubs to trade their strengths with each other haha.

1 Like

Our defense has been a massive sinkhole lately. But it went unpunished. That Lope fiasco vs Espanyol was the worst organized defensive play i´ve seen.

3 Likes

I agree we didn’t defend as well against Espanyol but overall we have the best defence in the league which is very impressive. Bono has played a role in that too but still a good team effort by us. I think we have like a record number of clean sheets for last couple of seasons. I will admit we got some luck with teams missing chances but still overall it’s been solid.

We usually can be relied on in that department but the attack and especially quick counter attacks where we need to take more risks needs a lot of work. Hopefully we solve this in the future but we will see.

Not that it matters now Kounde is suspended, but I’m tired of seeing him play at RB. It worries me that we will never see any talented youngsters come through whilst Lope is Manager. I’d much rather have seen Kounde start at CB like he should, and if Jesus Navas wasnt quite ready, then Valentino or Jose Angel to start at RB, otherwise why even bother pulling them out of SAT (which impacted their team and result at the weekend btw!) and making them travel with the first team?

2 Likes

100% agreed. Play players in their fcking best position, stop duct taping all this shit. We talked about this before. Moving DC, Moving Kounde, Moving Rekik or whatever. I´m tired of this as well.

1 Like

Of the Sevilla Atlético players I would have no issue with the two RBs or Pedro Ortiz (before injury) getting game time with the first team.

The one who has had the most is Ivan Romero and I said for ages he ain’t ready for the first team, in fact he has looked pretty out of sorts for SAT too.

2 Likes

Yeah good point. I’m not sure what lope will do for the derby as we without kounde and rekik.

I think we might see carlos with Gudelj again. To be fair Gudelj has been more effective at centre back than midfield.

At right back I hope to see Navas but he may not be ready for a game of that magnitude so tecatito might slot there. Then probably acuna at left back.

I agree we need a settled back 4 but to be fair to lope we have had a lot of unsettlement with injuries, covid, players away on international duty which defo has complicated things.

I do hope when we get our players back though we can settle on a similar back 4 for most games. Playing Thursday and Sunday though again will make things tricky for us with injury risk and fatigue though.

I feel he’s had to rotate but I agree we have to be careful not to over do it.

2 Likes

Yeah that Ivan Romero one, was very forced. And in rare cases it goes well. But you´re right. Probably won´t be happening for another year and a half.

The excitement i´m looking forward to now is, Papu, Lamela and Tecatito playing together somewhere around mid March. After which you can put any clown on the sideline.

I´m not that hyped for the Derbi eventhough I should, I feel we are in for our pants to be pulled down and a slap in the face. And I don´t like it at all.

2 Likes

Absolute brilliant goal from Villareal! vamossss

2 Likes

I feel :poop: are the favourites slightly for this derby but of course anything can happen. They might struggle to deal with the pressure so could help us.

They have more expectation due to their great form, our mixed form as well as injury and suspension problems. Due to that they have a good chance but we still are tough to beat in our own stadium. We also have had the indian sign over :poop: in the league for a few years now but of course this could change easily and they beat us in the cup.

I think overall it’s hard to call and I feel it will be very close and come down to fine margins. We have to step up with the players we have available. I feel more relaxed though as I feel the league has gone now so we have new focus of trying to just get 2nd or even at least 3rd if it comes to that.

It’s a pressure game so we will see how it goes. I expect lots of fireworks especially after the cup drama and ugly scenes we saw. They are wise to play it earlier in the day haha.

I think theres a difference in pressure and hunger.

I think the pressure is on us. We are in a higher position, have been talking ourselves into this chase, we have no agressive mentality, missing key players, and we are playing at home. If anybody is at risk of losing its us, all these things only feeds Betís his hunger… They can only win this game I feel.

1 Like

That’s a good point. I think both teams will be very hungry to win but just depends who plays better and executes better on the day.

1 Like