UEFA Champions League 2021-22 Thread

One of those rare moments when Pot 2 looks stronger than Pot 1.

Any predictions before the draw tomorrow?

Also, who the hell is Sheriff? :joy:

7 Likes

Sheriff are a Moldovan team. I only know that as Palace have a player Jarek Jach who went on loan there a few years ago.

I predict for us…
FC Bayern
Sevilla
Atalanta
Dynamo Kiev

6 Likes

I kinda wanna get Chelsea again, that whooping we received from them last year needs to be rectified

4 Likes

Since the amount of money on the line for just passing through, I´ll go with the luck of the draw.

1. Lille
  2. Sevilla
  3. RB Salzburg
  4. Malmö

Keeping it a bit central European is also a plus, travelling and conditions, where the away games should also be fairly winnable. And not too much of those full house amphitheatre stadiums.

Hardest we could get in my opinion:

1. Man. City
  2. Sevilla
  3. RB Leipzig
  4. AC Milan
7 Likes

They also have been paving the road quite a bit, I remember them from all the early rounds in the qualifications for the EL, against the no. 7 of the Eredivisie for example.

3 Likes

They didn´t get weaker, by the slightest. I don´t predict a good outcome.

5 Likes

Interesting start…

7 Likes

And Salzburg so far! Woot Woot

2 Likes

3 out of 4…not bad

1 Like

and Wolfsburg!

3 Likes

Good poule, should be able to advance. But Sven Botman transfer less likely I guess?

7 Likes

What in the Europa League is going on here…???

7 Likes

Give me that knockout round money!

7 Likes

Travel does not seem terrible either…France, Germany, Austria

7 Likes

Good draw guys. Happy with that. Vamos Sevilla!

5 Likes

Quite an easy group, no excuses not to pass it comfortably and even top it. Of course, there are no super easy teams in this day and age and you have to put in the effort to win these matches, but it’s far better than drawing top teams in first pot and some even trickier teams in other pots.

Lille is far from a top team and we can end up crippling them by getting their arguably best defender.

7 Likes

We literally couldn’t have got an easier group even if we got to fix the draw. :joy:

6 Likes

We are honestly so lucky. Let’s get it boys!

7 Likes

I really like the look of it. As if we can win the group we most likely will avoid all the dangerous and big teams this time in last 16. If we can win the group we have a good chance of maybe making the quarters at the very least.

Excitement head for the pizjuan faithful. Hopefully we closer to full capacity by the time the champions league kicks off.

6 Likes

Viva el Sevilla

Imagine if Hamburg had qualified, we could have got Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Salzburg :grinning:

7 Likes