UEFA Champions League 2021-22 Thread

Must resist commenting…

3 Likes

or Zenit St PetersBURG :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Porto, AC Milan appears to be the most difficult group,

Nobody wanted to travel to Moldovia though.

6 Likes

Definitely a group we should advance from if we want to move forward and not just be a Europa League-team. It’s a tricky one though since every team in the group will be having the mindset of acutally being able to move on to the knock-out phase.

I personally think it would have been way more fun with a bigger club or two in the group since that is what Champions League is all about: testing yourself against the biggest teams on the biggest stage. Not many international broadcasters will look our way. Also Sevilla will probably be one of the favorites, if not THE favorite, in the group and I’m not sure if that is a role we like…

And let’s be honest, the other teams in the group are thrilled about this draw, so I will be absolutely furious if the players show any signs of arrogance or are too laid back in any of these games…

Some are calling our group a Europa League-group, but I would argue that neither C or F look that terrifying…

3 Likes

New on here! Been following Sevilla since the Juande Ramos days and very excited for our prospects this season with the squad we’re building.

I’d certainly take the CL group in terms of the opposition. We should definitely be looking at progressing top of the group and potentially avoiding a bigger side in the last 16. On the flip side, the CL is about testing yourself against the best and in that sense we won’t be able to do that in this group.

Looking forward to it though!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum mate.

4 Likes

I don’t really care about Sevilla getting matched up against big-names. In the CL you get payed per win/draw/loss and not amount of views. So the more W’s we get the more euro’s we can spend in the future, even if it is in games no neutral fan is willing to commit to watch.

Because these little steps within the shadows will help us in the future when the big lights shine bright upon us.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Aduk92 and to all the other new members - enjoy it!

8 Likes

We need to show from the get go, and need to make clear that by the first games, the rest of the group know they are fighting for place two. If we slack from the start and start out handing draws or even losses. Then their believe will rise to the point where even we might be in danger. We’ve done this before and when it mattered we still straighten our backs and got through. Complicating stuff for fun.

Also, Group C is actually the most dangerous poule in my opinion. Besiktas look to be the black sheep, but if you go to Turkey and there are 60.000 fans filled its becomes haunting pretty quick. Ajax in CL will almost always perform as well.

5 Likes

Our boy Jesus Gomez at the draw!

3 Likes

Jesus the GOAT!

2 Likes

The group of life. We should get first and get a manageable draw in the round of 16. If we don’t advance out of the groups, it would be catastrophic.

7 Likes

How about :poop: for a group tomorrow?

1. Napoli
  2. Leicester City
  3. Real Betìs
  4. Galatasaray

Seems like they could have some good fun in there.

Also if this turns out true, after today, I think we have some one infiltrated in the official draw comitee.

5 Likes

A great draw if fans are allowed to travel. I can easily get to all 3 away games and there’s nothing better than a European night at a full RSP

9 Likes

Interesting for you Jim, Leverkussen gets :poop: on the menu.
Also Celtic and Ferencvaros

1 Like

Should be a walk in the park for Bétis and Leverkusen, but we will see.

I could be an ass and delete that message cause you found a loophole to write :poop:, also in a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE thread. But i’ll let it pass this time :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been doing that ever since Chris put the emoji in. :joy:

2 Likes

5 Likes

I’m willing to bet that :poop: won’t pass that group.

4 Likes