UCL MD6: Sevilla FC at Man City [22/23]

3 Likes

A meaningless game as far as we are concerned. I would have been tempted to travel if there was something to play for.

6 Likes

24 man squad travelling to Manchester. Given La Liga is a much bigger priority right now Iā€™d be tempted to rest most of the ā€œfirst teamā€ ready for Sunday rather than waste their energy/ risk injury in this meaningless game.

Something like:

Dmitrovic

Jose Angel
Kike Salas
Rekik
Alex Telles

Jordan
Delaney
Rakitic

Suso
Dolberg
Januzaj

You know our squad is shit when Iā€™m struggling to figure out who to put in it. Last year you could virtually name two strong lineups from our 25 man squad.

6 Likes

No Haaland for MC.

2 Likes

This game is a complete waste of time for both sides. Both sides should field their reserves really haha!

3 Likes

The weather has well and truly turned into winter here in Manchester its grimā€¦

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Trust me, I know, living in Manchester myself! The cold, wet and dark nights are well and truly upon us.

4 Likes

Utterly grim isnt itā€¦

3 Likes

The kids lost 1-0 this afternoon with a Alvaro Diaz own goal. Finished bottom of their group with 4pts.

2 Likes

Finally, a Sampaoli-style line up!

4 Likes

I like the lineup.

1 Like

Good to see Rekik back, but why is Marcao starting? :disappointed:

3 Likes

3.17 MILLION DOLLARS AT STAKE!

4 Likes

Wonderful :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Do we have a chance of finishing 2nd tonight if we win?

1 Like

No.

I like the approach as well, so even though weā€™re out, and the result is literally irrelevant for the CL. We need to see how we progress. As Rene said, the money and I think also some pride of course at stake. We need to see these games as opportunities to grow, and start showing a different Sevilla after last weeks failure. Even with the second iteration of City their class is on a different level compared to ours. But there have been crazier victories in the CL history, like Sheriff beating Real Madrid last year. We gotta believeā€¦

2 Likes