UCL MD6: Rennes v Sevilla [20/21]

Placeholder:

No Vaclik, Navas, Munir, Jordan, Acuna or Escudero

2 Likes

Is Javi Diaz a replacement for Vaclik? As in we have had to take him out of the squad completely to put JD in.

1 Like

Vaclik is injured and Javi Diaz has been added to the CL squad. UEFA regulations allow a team to add a replacement keeper in the case of injury.

2 Likes

Fair dos. Not sure how it works if we can swap them back over later in the tournament mind you. :thinking:

1 Like

With no Navas, Vidal, Acuña or Escudero does that mean we will see a change of formation to 3 at the back? Surely we aren’t going to line up with Kounde and Rekik as the two Full Backs? Especially after Sergi Gomez abject performance last week. I’m surprised he is even included in the squad.

And NOW you can field the canteranos…

3 Likes

Well in the squad this week we have:

Alfonso - Goalkeeper

Juanlu - I thought he was a Right Winger, but seems he is more of a Right Back?

Kike Rios - Centre Back

Zarzana - Right Winger.

3 Likes

Last week we threw the fight for first spot. So this week, the result does matter even less rightt? So we can just let this one slide too?

Lope can throw another free improvised 11 in there for me and see what we put up on the field tonight. Curious but indifferent by the result.

3 Likes

He’s one to watch for the future

Hell no, improvised defence, or midfield or whatever but not 11.
Whatever improvisation doesn’t work he needs to be able to address from the bench, so 3 or 4 positions maximum.

1 Like

I’m a fan of this front line.

3 Likes

Fernando getting a rest but the starting 11 lack creativity

1 Like

That front line won’t get a better chance than this, Rennes have a few first choice defenders out with injuries.
Let’s see how much they make of it.

3 Likes

Sergi Gomez gets a run out too. :sweat_smile: Chance to at least redeem himself after last week.

1 Like

Or solidify his exit. haha

2 Likes

Hoping for a good game today, although it make be unlikely due to the lack of creativity and energy in the starting XI

1 Like

I won’t be watching tonight. Wife has commandeered the TV, plus I’m still a bit pissed off from the loss Saturday and my Sunday teams loss too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Will keep an eye on the score though.

Suso, Oliver, Rakitic, Idrissi. :face_with_monocle: If anything that screams the opposite of a lack of creativity, in theory at least.

1 Like

Fair point my friend haha

1 Like

Depends on your opinion, on how Idrissi works out, if Oliver doesn’t get erased from possession, and well, Rakitic guaranteed something but mostly nothing
Suso normally creates though.

1 Like

Yeesh, look at all these chances for Rennes! Man, we have gotta tighten up in the back.

1 Like