UCL MD6: FC Salzburg v Sevilla FC [21/22]

They have to be good enough though. Lads like Sergio Ramos, Jesus Navas, Antonio Puerta, Diego Capel were exceptional young players.

The guys we have at the moment, there isn’t one who walks into our team and makes an impact, and I have seen a lot of Sevilla Atlético the last couple of years.

I reckon if anyone will get a chance to break into the first team and I reckon will do well it is Valentino Fattore the Right Back. The others are all a bit… Meh!

2 Likes

Good point mate. Yeah we don’t have anyone from the academy or Sevilla atletico who really stands out. I mean it shows as we all know that Sevilla atletico are struggling currently. We could a good run back in the 2000s with the players you mentioned. We probably should have kept Bryan Gill but it easier to be wise after the event I guess.

1 Like

I said early in the season that we need a proper proven goalscorer as you can’t have YEN as your no.1 striker to have much success in CL and further into the season in La Liga, albeit the league is much weaker than usual now.

Now that we are out of CL, the club board will probably decide either to carry on as is or add a striker not of required high quality. Still need a proper playmaker in midfield too, as Rakitic and Papu Gomez really look past their best now.

2 Likes

I would like to know what happened at half-time? The first half we were clearly on top and I thought it’s just a matter of time until we score. Then we come out for the 2nd half and play like a team already 3-0 up with no urgency to get forward at all.
Big disappointments for me tonight were Papu and Jordan they gave away the ball no end of times. Montiel at least got down the wing at times and put in a few crosses, I don’t think he’s as bad as some are making out.
As for Oscar… Yet again he brought nothing to the game, I can only hope some team is desperate enough in Jan to put in an offer for him and we get rid.
Still it could have been worse, at least we have “our” cup to play for, as I posted earlier what odds would you give on a Sevilla v :poop: final in the RSP?
I would love to draw Leicester in our first game and get our revenge.

5 Likes

Yeah I can see why lopetegui doesn’t play Oscar. I mean when he’s come on lately he’s offered nothing. A few on here wanted Oscar to get more minutes but from what I seen I think lope was right to keep him benched and wouldn’t mind if we get rid to be honest.

3 Likes

Totally agree with this. We need a top quality striker, a pacey left winger and a new Banega type player. These are the positions we are weak and what’s holding us back. Like I said before I feel our attack is pretty weak especially without YEN and Lamela now too. We need to try get reinforcements in January if we want to push on or at least maintain our league position and push on in the copa del Rey and europa league. If not January then definitely in the summer but I feel we need to try before then.

3 Likes

Oscar comes onto the pitch looking like he’s just stepped out of the sports shop window and leaves the pitch looking exactly the same. Not a hair out of place, not a speck of dirt on him, or a bead of sweat. He’s a complete waste of space.

4 Likes

He’s probably playing shit because when he was playing and doing well he just got dropped again. His confidence must be through the floor by now.

Yet several others particularly last season even when they were God awful (Rakitic, Jesus Navas, Suso, de Jong come to mind) literally just walked into the team every week.

The biggest issue with Oscar for me though is he is an AMC in a team who plays a formation like 4-2-3-1, sitting behind the Striker and playing the ball from the CM’s either out to the wings or through to the Striker, and we just don’t play that formation. Both the signing of him and Papu baffle me because we went all out for them, and yet the manager (who you would assume is at least consulted on signings?) doesn’t play a system that fits or suits them.

Yet we find ourselves criminally short at CB too. It was only a few weeks ago we looked like we might be without Kounde, DC and Rekik for the Real Madrid game. We seem to be signing players without any sensible strategy at the moment. Oh he’s available, we’ll have him… What we need a Centre Back, oh but this formerly decent CM is available, sod it we have 19 CMs already but we must have him. :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Yikes, this was a really tough game to watch. I’m really upset with the result and what it means for European competition, but I’m also really excited to see them play in the Europa League.

When it comes down to it, we’re not one of the best 16 teams in Europe this year, and that’s alright. Let’s hope the squad uses the break in European competition to get their heads on straight and recharge the batteries before making a run in the Europa League. I’m excited to see if we can play in the final in the RSP.

My family and I will be in Sevilla for the final. I can’t imagine how electric the city will be if we’re playing.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Suso dislocated his ankle in practice today. So…

1 Like

#SusoNation is down bad

4 Likes

That “heart” wasn’t because I liked the news… Just a thank you for providing the news lol

5 Likes

Out for months if reports are correct. Talk about “it never rains” etc…

3 Likes

It is what it is. Onwards and upwards.

1 Like

Next man up…too bad we don’t have a next man. It will force a deal in January

3 Likes

Monchi is the master. He will have plans in place.

6 Likes

Looks like Suso’s season is over.

2 Likes

It’s time for Idrissi to step up!

We just need to get to middle/end January in decent league position and still in copa del Rey and we will be fine. I definitely expect monchi to be working on a couple of reinforcements to help boost us in January. The long term injuries to a few key players will have forced his hand and I have no doubt he will deliver the goods.

2 Likes