UCL MD5: Sevilla FC v VfL Wolfsburg [21/22]

All signs point to a very tense evening in Andalusia. It’s a do or die situation at the RSP, as we sit bottom in Group G with 2 games remaining, with qualification for the next round is still in our hands. It may be a slightly different Wolfsburg side than in the previous meeting, as they’re unbeaten in 4 matches under new coach Florian Kohfeldt. Lopetegui has confirmed that the squad will be without Suso & Lamela, making the options limited in attack. The team will need everything from the home crowd to show why this club still deserves to be in Europe’s elite competition.

Will this be the final Champions League match of the season in Nervión?

#VamosMiSevilla
#NuncaTeRindas

6 Likes

5 Likes

So that’s why we suddenly put Idrissi in there Last weekend. We are still covered well enough even with losing some attacking options. Wolfsburg seemed to have solidified indeed, so with an average performance we won’t be making it. And this squad under pressure has not been the most pleasant sight. A Big performance will be needed. Hope we are up for it, and saved our best efforts for the finale.
if not we are a big failure, and lost an easily reachable goal from this season early on.

4 Likes

I feel we will draw at best but hope to be proven wrong. Not having lamela available is a big blow. Hopefully papu is fit to start and lope selects him. Whatever happens I hope the team leave it all out there. No doubt the fans will be awesome as usual. Vamos sevilla!

4 Likes

If we don’t win, then we don’t have to play in the EL either. Boycott the UEFA competitions due to lack of skills to compete and focus on not losing the top 4 spots in La Liga, with a small ambition to go far in CDR.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to boycott the Europa. We could go for the Sevilla-style treble.

2 Likes

Amen. I’d hate to be a fan of any team that intentionally tanks a competition.

2 Likes

I’d rather focus on la liga and copa del Rey this season too if we can’t qualify. I feel we have the squad to cope with 2 competition’s especially the ones domestically.

We should keep trying to qualify for top 2 of the group to reach last 16 of champions league but if we can’t I won’t be that upset if we end bottom and out of Europe completely.

I don’t think we should intentionally tank but I feel it could be a blessing in disguise for trying to finish higher up la liga and trying to win a copa del Rey if we not in Europa league rather than in it.

2 Likes

The regular Wolfsburg goalkeeper has been quarantined at his home in Germany after testing positive for coronavirus.

1 Like

I want to “like” this but feel dirtying because I don’t want to wish COVID on anyone.

1 Like

Obviously a must win game if we want to move on in the UCL.I think we are the better team but of course when it comes to this sport that doesn’t automatically translate into 3 points.

Know our guys will give it their all and thats all we can ask for.

Also, my bday is tomorrow so I will be drunk regardless of the result lol.

Vamos

4 Likes

Won’t even get to watch this one as I’m off to watch Sutton United vs Mansfield Town in League Two tomorrow night. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I believe. We’ll stitch this up and move forward. We are down a couple of players but no problemo. We have enough to overcome the referees and plough forward, the only danger is nerves, go for it.

6 Likes

How about Acuna at LW and Ocampos at RW to start with?

1 Like

Either that or Munir at LW and Ocampos at RW. I just
want to see Ocampos back on the right.

Realistically, we’re gonna see Óliver stuck on the wing

2 Likes

2 Likes

I guess Alfonso must be injured. Didn’t play for SAT at the weekend and now Adrian Gonzalez called up for the UCL squad.

Also interesting to see Luismi Cruz finally get a call up to a first team squad. He’s a really good player, he is basically Carlos Alvarez but a couple of years older and more first team ready.

I have no idea where Carlos is by the way, he hasn’t been in a SAT squad for ages, so I am guessing he is injured?! :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

This is a must win, sadly i have school so I will be unable to watch. (Also don’t think my nerves would be able to hand it anyways)

4 Likes

Sevilla U19 showing the seniors how it should be done in CL

4 Likes

Well, it’s official. I just freed up the 2:00 to 4:00 slot in my workday this afternoon. I told myself I wouldn’t go out of my way to watch another UCL match this season, but it appears I’m a glutton for punishment. #VamosMiSevilla

7 Likes