UCL MD5: Sevilla FC v Chelsea FC [20/21]

By the looks of the line up we certainly have our sights set on Saturday to me. Kounde, JJ, Ocampos and Fernando all rested.

1 Like

I think Lope made La Liga a priority and it is logical at this point, especially with the match vs. RM on Saturday - if we somehow manage to win that one, we can be back in the title race, or it will be quite a backward step. While for CL, we are going to face tough teams in the knockout anyway, and judging by how we played against Bayern for the Supercup, I literally don’t fear any team as of now. In a good day, we can beat any team. If we can only fix things so that we win more comfortably against the weaker teams in La Liga, we will have a much better adventure this season.

3 Likes

This is how I see it. Whether we come first or second in the group matters not, you need to beat the best to be the best anyway.

1 Like

Well but if you draw a giant because your 2nd. And directly go out, or you get some more doable matches and move on a round or two income goes up in the big millions so from a sports perspective maybe not, but bigger picture for sure.

1 Like

I would hope we are aiming to win it, so we have to beat the big boys at some point.

4 Likes

I’m interested to see who plays at RW. May sound crazy, but i’d rather have Vázquez there cause i don’t want him to mess with that midfield. Him cutting inside could setup nicely for Navas.

Morocco FC! I’m here for it! :morocco: :laughing:

2 Likes

A draw seems the logical, I mean who wants to bust a gut to win and risk injury for half a season?

If the stadium had 45,000 spectators there would be more adrenalin.

What are the consequences for a victory or defeat in the next draw?
What is the impact of a draw?
I don’t have a clue, don’t study those things, but if we’re serious about winning the Champions then we shouldn’t care who is in the way.

1 Like

thats not Vaclik tho in the tunnel, whats up new GK

3 Likes

That was not Vaclic in the lineup for photos (unless he’s had some facelift or something)

1 Like

Alfonso debuting, okay, well throw him in there!

2 Likes

Vaclik was injured Saturday so he clearly must have aggravated it in the warm up.

Goal for Chelsea.

It’s only 7 minutes in but I have a complaint. YEN is the fastest player in la liga, clocking in at 38.9 km/hr which is 2 more than any other player.

Sevilla don’t seem to have much interest in going upfield, would it occur to any of them to put out the occasional long ball to alert Chelsea that we have potential to do damage and they should be more careful ?

4 Likes

Tonight has already been a win for me with Alfonso starting.

Uggg

1 Like

WTF? No handball?

1 Like

Has everyone noticed how VAR images have become so rationed recently?

No Yellow?

2 Likes

Ref stops the play when Idrissi has space for a flop by Havertz “head injury”.

Not the first time Nesyri, tries a half line shot. So worthless. wasted opportunity for a break.

1 Like

Another hand ball?