UCL MD4: Sevilla FC at Dortmund [22/23]

I been very impressed so far. Hopefully this turns out to be the case.

2 Likes

High potential to be so.

2 Likes

The amount of disconnect upfront is also so painful. Logically. At one point they have to know what the other attacker will do steps ahead, but we are far from that, and often donā€™t even know the first step. Really lack of natural connections, like Oliver and Isco had for example.

Says alot about our strikers when not one of them is on the pitch.

4 Likes

I reckon Marcao will be down again for a few weeks soon

Alright, that seals off the CL opportunity basically. Europe or out what will it be.

Have to beat Copenhagen at home. As a draw might not be enough if City thrash us last game. Hopefully we can beat Copenhagen but we will see.

I hope Marcao is ok because that back 3 really excites me.

6 Likes

We were better than Dortmund tonight and couldā€™ve won the h2h had Sampaoli been here earlier.

At this point weā€™re better off in EL, and hopefully gain some momentum and win it. Why not?

VAMOS!

4 Likes

I missed first half but how refreshing to see mostly positive balls even if they arenā€™t clean all the time. Gotta figure out how to put the ball in the net though.

3 Likes

Yeah positive signs. We matched their attacking stats and for the away team thatā€™s impressive. We improving slowly.

Mallorca away next which is never an easy place to go to but hopefully we can try win it. We will see.

3 Likes

If we can get a backline of Montiel - Nianzou - Marcao - AcuƱa playing regularly, weā€™ll do much better. Still not convinced with the midfield and forward line, apart from a few individuals, but one thing at a time. Need to steady the ship first and then worry about being prolific.

Onto Mallorca!

4 Likes

Well a point away to Dortmund isnā€™t too bad, it was a hard fought battle out there and 3 points at home against CPH could see us at least progress into the Europa league, something I couldnā€™t see myself saying a week ago.
The 2 main things we need to look at now is the striker issue and the fitness of players. We really should have sorted this in the summer, we all knew it would be our Achilles heel going into this season with strikers who canā€™t score and with a goal in something like every 290 minutes simply isnā€™t good enough to help us climb the table. Now we have to move on to the next game against Mallorca and make sure we come away with 3 pointsā€¦Vamos!

4 Likes

Two very credible draws to start the Sampaoli era against Athletic and Dortmund.

A massive improvement already.

Win against Copenhagen at home and weā€™ll stand a good chance of dropping into the Europa League and might as well try and win it!

Oh and Marcao looks a player. Hopefully not injured again.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking another 1-1 draw is coming against Mallorca. I feel a win isnā€™t far away though but yeah can see another close match. The football is much better though and we played 2 good sides and did alright. We will only get better once Sampaoli gets more time to implement his tactics and methods and also after a transfer window or 2. Got to be patient.

2 Likes

Marcao looks a player but I fear he could be a injury sick note. Hopefully heā€™s fine and can stay fit as we could have a top centre back and good replacement for Carlos there.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed!

The team for me evolves around:

Bono
Montiel Nianzou Marcao Acuna (decent defence)

Isco Oliver Papu Lamela

Unconvinced after that. Midfield and the forward line especially needs a lot of work, hopefully in January.

2 Likes

Healthy Fernando?

Question: if we drop to Europa, could we then get Oliver on the list? Or does that list carry over?

List only counts for this phase, you can remove or add players in January, same as you would for adding new signings etcā€¦

3 Likes