UCL MD3: Lille v Sevilla FC [21/22]

The build-up was nice, rebound should’ve resulted in at least a shot

2 Likes

Damn… Ocampos almost. Good pass from Suso.

Suso pretty active, but just can’t get a decent shot on target to save his life.

1 Like

Suso and Ocampos are growing into the game but there’s no definition in their finishing. Sevilla have no connection between backs and forwards I don’t know how they’re getting so much play.

2 Likes

Can we just let them watch 10 games of Ajax to let Lope get a different view of how to play a 4-3-3 formation.

3 Likes

Some good things, but still boiling down to the same problem. Nothing in the final 3rd. We have to make it count.

But as Lope usually does, he can improving things with the right subs.

2 Likes

Copy paste this every week.

4 Likes

Me when my friends say “Sevilla is the Arsenal of Spain”

4 Likes

Waiting for the second half.

4 Likes

Also it’s the similar story as all our games, Granada, Celta, so is Lille, they really are not that much more impressive and we are playing champions league. But our way of playing makes all games literally the same, giving every team the same chances. We won’t learn how to beat worst teams by overclassing them, and we will keep losing vs better teams.

1 Like

So it’s up to Lamela again.

5 Likes

I’m curious how bad we are going to show that we want to win…

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind but Suso and Ocampos are super enabled to open defences up for the kill but the system just don’t allow it.

3 Likes

Overall we did decent. We controlled possession and created more than them. Sadly just lacking that final end product again but we been probing. I feel ocampos has looked better tonight. Suso involved a lot but his shooting off. Rafa Mir had a chance to put us in front and hopefully he can take an opportunity 2nd half again.

Thankfully bono saved us when we made a mistake. We have to be careful and keep concentration at all times. Fernando and delaney have did well and protected the back 4 well.

I feel this is winnable but I know it’s not ideal but a draw wouldn’t be a bad thing. As it keeps us in 2nd place and we’d then have 2 home games in a row. We have to push for the win but if we can’t win it’s imperative we don’t lose this. As a loss would be a tragedy.

Hopefully lope makes the right subs and we can push on here. Vamos!

1 Like

Yeah as things stand in the group (weirdly so), even a draw would be acceptable - but a loss would complicate things a lot.

The negative thing was that the front 3, that’s Mir, Ocampos and Suso were all more selfish than needed often, which killed the attacking momentum.

Defense is ok - caught by surprise at times, which is never good as better teams would punish us there.

3 Likes

Lots of wasted chances in the first half. Hopefully we can tighten things up in the final 45.

1 Like

Don’t necessarily agree with that being selfish. Look at Ajax yesterday, their wingers did some tricky stuf and now their defence had to react and then they pass to the dangerous/open man.

Sevilla just has noone dangerous to pass to after the tricky stuff

3 Likes

I think Lille will go for us in the second half, so we better hope for a change in our play.

1 Like

Nice try by Ocampos. I wish Suso wasn’t so damn one footed. It really kills our attack.

Ocampos trying his best but literally can’t hit anything.

1 Like