UCL MD2: Sevilla FC at F.C. Copenhagen [22/23]

As above Mir definitely seems to be the current striker out of favour with Lope. Given Dolberg’s performance tonight, he must have done something serious…

It seems to be Lopetegui’s way of dealing with strikers, he bins one and then promotes the other, gives them nothing to work with and then subs them off after 60/70 mins. He then repeats the process for a game or two before rotating the starter… No wonder they have no confidence.

0-0. A point on the board I guess and a clean sheet. What more can we ask? :laughing:

1 Like

Welp another 2 million that Lopetegui has taken from this squad by not trying to win.

Unserious.

2 Likes

At least we didn’t lose :stuck_out_tongue:

Enough to keep Lope until January.

1 Like

Unbeaten in 2 games now! Lope ball on fire! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is the end.

This is not the best this team can do. I refuse to believe that. Goddamn i’m frustrated!

4 Likes

Feels like we got what we came for honestly.

“I do really like competing in the Champions League and i’m Excited”

We won’t win vs Villareal and neither Dortmund. So two nice games to look forward to. Maybe another step closer to the Sackening.

1 Like

What an absolute yawn fest between two very average sides. We’re already now embroiled in a battle for that Europa League spot with Copenhagen. We don’t have any chance of getting through this group as far as I’m concerned.

Sevilla are so much better than this or they should be.

Changes are needed now. Enough is enough.

2 Likes

The way we are playing we will need the football gods to smile on us to get good results in those. Let’s see if they are!

If I was them, I wouldn’t even give it to us. We deserve suffering, because we have failed for too long.

1 Like

Can anyone realistically say we’re getting anything out of Villarreal, Atleti and Dortmund? I just can’t see it the way we’re playing. I can’t even see us beating Copenhagen at home.

Very sad to see us in our current state.

I know Lopetegui can’t coach for shit in the CL, but goddamn man…

3 years we spent playing 4-3-3, and we still cycling it back to the GK in the last 10 minutes???

Pathetic.

4 Likes

I hope all your other hobbies are going fine guys.

1 Like

It’s all too predictable, pass out wide from the back, pass it inside to midfield, then pass it out wide and cross! The time it takes to do this the opposition have re-grouped and got 8 players behind the ball, whilst we have 3-4 players getting forward, all of them being marked by at least one defender, this is why we don’t score many goals, we rely on the opposition to make the mistakes, it’s just so boring to watch…

1 Like

It’s like a kid trying to find a cheat code. forward back right left back forward

They are basically waiting for the opposition to make a mistake to capitalise on it, there is no real thought process in the tactics, it’s a simple way to setup your team, you play not to lose instead of playing to win, and you keep waiting for a mistake and hope you can take the opportunity, it’s ok against teams that are also trying not to lose but against teams that have a fast transition and play more offensively we are going to get nothing out of the game…

1 Like

I feel we have lost our identity and also lost our way to impose ourselves in a game…

2 Likes