UCL MD1: Sevilla FC vs Manchester City [22/23]

This is what you do when you just try for the sake of trying and you have 0 fucks to give, the 6-4-0 strategy. Which against City might even function a tiny bit. But digging yourself into a hole doesn’t get yourself a result either. Especially if the hole has all kind of sink holes in the sides. he will probably play for a 0-2 defeat but get the opposite effect. Is this is what he has been ‘excited’ for all week?
Awesome…

Tonights goal: Avoid going into the Champions League record books as highest defeated scoreline.

You can’t say we even have firepower on the bench.

1 Like

Our defence has been a shambles so far this season. If we get a clean sheet tonight, it’s the best thing he would have accomplished in a while.

2 Likes

Or in the boardroom.
:rofl:

2 Likes

:laughing:

change

2 Likes

I can see that on the field be two lines of 5. Let’s see.

It’s literally a tactic that only works if you’re extremely good in posession. I don’t see us do anything with this. Telles and Acuna are the real pacey players that could break out. And the rest wont have the physicality to overrun man city lol. Fiasco in the making. How does he want to break out, if you can’t break out. Then the whole concept is worthless. It will turn into us being under pressure constantly with no good way out.

1 Like

This is going to be one of the weirdest nights on the forum.

1 Like

Dinamo Zagreb caused an upset tonight vs. Chelsea. Are we up next?

Brave move to play no strikers at home, even if it’s against Man City in the Champions League. Imagine this was Lopetegui’s last game, he’d be eternailly remembered for that…

Glad to see a back three, feel like this defense needs that extra body back there (not just vs Man City), hoping the team can keep the ball and frustrate Man City for the first 20 mins as losing a goal early would really put the cat among the pigeons

1 Like

6-4-0 formation haha! This is gonna be very tough to watch guys but let’s keep the faith somehow. First time I think we ever lined up without a proper striker. Lope is trying all sorts of new formations with his head the block. Let’s see how it goes.

Vamos mi Sevilla!

2 Likes

We’re going to go 1-0 up. I can feel it

6 Likes

Just like Sevilla U19… you know the rest :stuck_out_tongue:

And as soon as we score, take some more of our midfielders off to field, Rekik, Montiel and Fernando. And we Kick every ball we get out of the stadium. In my youth team we won an important game like this. the anti-est-of-anti-footballs. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes :rofl:

2 Likes

Dicen que nunca se rinde.

Let’s go guys!

3 Likes

also I would have prefered Montiel to eat a bit of Grealish.

1 Like

Montiel?

2 Likes

This game became much more difficult when *****

I edited this because historically it’s in bad taste, something I didn’t have in the front of the head.

Yeah he’ll fuck him up, I am not sure Navas contains him.

Fernando, sat on tbe bench, giving Lopetegui the ol’ stink eye!