The Battle in the Boardroom

This shit is going down today. You can follow here: Castro señala a Del Nido por "felonía y groseros ataques" : así fue una Junta del Sevilla que se dirimirá en los juzgados - Estadio Deportivo

4 Likes

“The quorum is 88.7%. 2,506 shareholders will be represented (192 in person) with a total of 91,331 shares. Of a capital stock of more than 6 million, there are present representation of more than 5.4 million.”

3 Likes

We can take it More than 400 million euros of market value in the squad (in my first season it did not reach 140 million)

1 Like

That means ambition. I ask you, therefore, for peace of mind and confidence in this management. With the recovery of the economy we can only get better. I’m not saying it, LaLiga says it. second highest salary limit allowed by LaLiga,only behind Real Madrid and ahead of Barcelona or Atlético ".

3 Likes

We reject the Super League, which is neither sport nor football if merits are not earned in en playing field.

3 Likes

@ChrisLail do you or anyone else know for how much could Sevilla FC be purchased, say the majority of shares - a ballpark figure?

3 Likes

No clue. Want to halfsies?

3 Likes

“In addition, the Sevilla FC Board of Directors presented a budget of 242 million for the 2021/2022 financial year”

“If we were in the 90s and this was not a Sports Anonymous Society, the social majority of Seville would say ‘Neither Castro nor del Nido’”, with these words, Carlos Jiménez aroused the praise, in the most acclaimed speech of the Board. The one that awakens the most support. What the majority thinks, judging by the almost unanimous reaction.

"You have to fix this war yourself. Neither Castro nor Del Nido. The history of this entity is more than 130 years. Shield, flag and fans. Whoever captains a ship like this must do so with all its crew and not only for personal rejoicing, "said the president of the Peñas Federation in the interventions referring to point 5, in which the petition of Del Nido and the Americans for the dismissal of all the members of the board will be voted.

2 Likes

The day ends with the votes and the majority overwhelmingly voted to continue course. Del Nido claims this is all unlawful.

As for the specific result of the vote, 0.51% of the shares voted in favour, while 77.01% voted against . In addition, there were 1.7% blank votes and 20.8% abstentions.

4 Likes

So they voted for Castro to continue?

Thank f*** for that!!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

3 Likes

3 Likes

download

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I’ve never seen Pepe Castro look so flustered, the pressure was getting to him.

3 Likes

Do you blame him? He has worked his arse off for years to build this Club back up after years of financial mismanagement. In this day and age, a lot of clubs boards are drawn by the sparkly big plans and the sound of big Bucks like we have been hearing from these Americans but also from this Super League nonsense.

I bet he has had more than a few sleepless nights wondering if any of his fellow board members were going to throw him under the bus for the lure of a bit of extra cash in their pockets. Thankfully common sense has prevailed and the board have remained loyal to the man.

Del Nido is from a bygone era which needs to stay where it should in the past. Says it all about the man that even his own son it seems would rather back the other guy than put his own father back in the driving seat.

3 Likes

The first person from Sevilla FC that I met in Dallas was Castro. We had gone to the hotel and there was this little short fellow in a decent looking suit standing in the center of the lobby looking lost. I walked up to him and introduced myself. I of course was wearing Sevilla gear and he started speaking a million miles/km (you choose) per hour in Spanish and I was lost.
We stood there trying to communicate for a few minutes with no luck. Thankfully Jesus Gomez comes and saves us both. I was shocked that he didn’t speak any English, like zero. It was amazing and a bit surreal.

Anyway, I’m so glad this is over for now. I’m not sure if it will come back up or not. I like our direction. I think Castro’s goals are conservative, but still ambitious. @SurreySevilla said it. We were in some mess before Del Nido went away to the pokey (country slang in the US for jail) and we struggled. The fans were really unhappy before that all went down and Del Nido was constantly fighting with the Biris.

3 Likes

I really don’t have a dog in this fight but we’re being a tad unfair to Del Nido I think.

A bit of history. Del Nido started working with Sevilla in 1986 as vice secretary to the committee. In 1996 he took over the Presidency briefly after the previous President resigned when Sevilla were thrown out of the professional league for a financial irregularity with guarantees. They were consigned to division 2B where they were habilitated to play as semi-professional.

I don’t know how many horses heads ended up in the beds of the antagonists but the matter was resolved in Sevilla’s favour within a few months and Sevilla never had to play a game in 2B*

The man who saved Sevilla was Roberto Ales who got them out of the second and managed to keep them in the top flight when everyone thought it was impossible because of the financial situation. He appointed Monchi with a plan to scour the world for youth talent and he appointed Caparros with a plan to develop the youth team.

Ales retired in 2002 due to bad health and nominated Del Nido as his successor, in preference to Jose Castro. Nevertheless he left Del Nido with a debt of 40m in newly minted Euros.

Under Del Nido Sevilla won 6 trophies; 2 CDR’s, 2 Uefa’s, a Supercampeon de Europa and a Supercampion de España. Brought in Juan de Ramos who won 5 of those trophies. Brought in the best marketing department in our history plus Sevilla TV with Manuel Vizcaíno as marketing director. Also appointed Unai Emery who brought us in another 3 Uefa’s that Pepe Castro basks in the glory of.

If anyone wants to understand why Del Nido Benavente and Del Nido Carrasco have disagreements then it’s probably best to know a bit about the family. That aside, there were always tensions between the directors Cruz, Vizcaíno, Castro, Monchi, Del Nido and Del Nido Jnr.

Oh and Castro let Monchi walk.

(*) We did have to play some home games in the Cadiz stadium, I don’t know what that was all about.

5 Likes

In all honesty Tim, not everything about Del Nido was bad I agree. But why he feels the need to try and rock the boat now I don’t know.

Also the fact he seems very pro Super League is a massive red flag for me.

2 Likes

Nobody is perfect, some people far from it, but we wouldn’t be here today without the foundation he and Ales created.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone is trying to degrade his successes as president. For me personally, he was for a different time. He didn’t bring Emery in, Monchi did right? Del Nido left us with a mess when he took his vacation for his Marbella dealings.

4 Likes