Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

I hope Monchi, Castro and Lope realize the fact that we are still without a natural left winger. What’s even worse is that we loaned out the only player that was able to play there, Ocampos.

I also hope they realize that we have only 2 legit CB’s so far and only 1 legit DM for this system. I really hope Delany will step his game up but he’s not the type of DM for Lope’s genius tactical scheme.

Won’t be a surprise if we’re well out of top 7 range in the coming months.

Football Gods… please have mercy on us!

3 Likes

I wonder why Memphis was never in play. He wound up staying on BCN bench but he would have been the man at Sevilla.

1 Like

RDT didn’t move either. So weird.

1 Like

Espanyol even got Braithwaite so it’s a crowded striker group.

1 Like

The more I’ve thought about and read up on Dolberg signing and Januzaj signing (esp. Dolberg), I actually think they are total Monchi signings. Market opportunities of players that are potentially way undervalued for their potential, but also players who…if they suck, we don’t lose much. Just my take, but I think those were smart buys, albeit not the exciting splash signings we might have hoped for. But hell, guys, Isco plays for Sevilla now. Who would have expected that a few years back. Yeah, yeah, I know … Not prime Isco, but still, if you were looking for splashy signings, there’s one for you.

And we offloaded a number of lagging problems and some guys like Ivan Romero who will come back with great value next year. Anyhow, I think I’ve been spending too much time reading @ShendM lately, got me all depressed (couple of you other more depressed/depressing guys have already been muted, not naming any names).

But we’ve got a heck of a team and a boring but qualified as hell coach. How about we VAMOS a bit? Vamooooooos!

4 Likes

Vamos.

One last observation on Kasper. He’ll likely be playing for Denmark at the world cup and there’s a chance his value could skyrocket 4 months from now… If it works out, another Monchi move… swooping at just the right time. Now that I’ve said it, surely it won’t happen that way, but it’s certainly a potential upside on a signing without a huge downside for the club

3 Likes

Said with love, of course. Love having you here Shend. You’re not depressing… you’re just…an open eyed realist…but I need some rainbows and butterflies sometimes, too. So yeah, ¡Vamos!

1 Like

For future value this would be nice, but right now I just want some goals from him. We desperately need them.

4 Likes

I’m thinking Monchi and the management are probably preparing for next summer.
Even if Monchi sell all the players and get $3B euros, the salary cap this season won’t increase by a single cent. The Salary Cap in La Liga has no flexibility unlike NBA (luxury tax).
They are probably “strategically” making free move this summer unless absolute necessary (2 CB), so the Salary Cap next season will increase and the squad will be revamped along with a new coach (if Lope can survive until then).

3 Likes

The worst thing is that the current situation of Sevilla is affecting me in the everyday life too - I’m sure it affects us all, at least a little bit.

Then we’re commenting out of frustration and negativity is built up as a result.

However, I can’t be optimistic or focus on the positives when things are clearly not good… probably the worst since 10 years or so. The management and Lope are simply saying “fuck you” to the fans and disregarding our emotions, so that’s a lack of respect. The management have not done their jobs right and Lope is reluctant to change… that’s wrong on many levels.

The only thing we can hope is for a miracle to happen so that things will somehow work out in the end, or that we can at least survive this season without too much damage. That’s already saddening in itself.

Let’s see how things fold out in the meantime - hoping for the best as always!

VAMOS!

2 Likes

I felt like this analysis was overly optimistic, but also makes one thing very clear in this sentence:

Podemos estar de acuerdo en que Isco, Telles, Januzaj y Dolberg, mejoran respectivamente a Óscar Rodríguez, Augustinsson, Rony Lopes y Munir.

We can agree that Isco, Telles, Januzaj and Dolberg, are an improvement with respect to Óscar Rodríguez, Augustinsson, Rony Lopes and Munir.

So yeah, are we massively improved on net? Clearly not! Since we just made 70m Euros this offseason, the real question is this: are we 70m worse than we were last season? I somehow doubt it, but that remains to be seen. But I think it’s clear that this was a de-building season moreso than a re-building season for us. I think the quibbles that many had is whether we’ve got the foundation to rebuild in coming seasons. While we’re a bit old, I also think there are a number of guys who could clearly improve their market value this season and either become more central than they currently are or simply leave cash in the coffers of the club and give us some fuel for the future.

As @jdecourcey noted, for now we don’t want the money. For now, we want, goles, goles y mas goles.

2 Likes

Lopetegui sounded real pissed (off) in his presser, Dolberg has been operated on for a shoulder injury and is not ready to play, Januzaj is nowhere near match fit. I thinks the wheels have come off and everybody knows it inside the club, they don’t seem able to hide it and to paint a better picture. Though no rallying cry from the president yet, might be waiting for a different moment.

1 Like

And he was wondering why fans were frustrated…

Castro looking a bit funny in the light.

1 Like

The end of last season was tough, the beginning of this season even more so… I just wish Lope would get some fast attacking play going on… Stop playing 2 defensive midfielders and hit teams hard. I just feel we can never achieve the perfect squad at Sevilla, no matter what the signings are, our squad is still very decent, but its our brand of football for the last 9 months, since Xmas that has been dire in contrast to our City Neighbours. For me, this is the most important thing to change…

2 Likes

I don’t want roster planning or even coaching decisions to ever come down to fans’ input. We as fans are too emotional. Folks like Monchi and Castro are paid a shit load of money to control their emotions, have a plan, and act on said plan. This summer didn’t seem to have a plan other than sell Kounde and Carlos.

3 Likes

I think that played part in some of the expectations. If you are that decisive in the first days, and accept the first best offer. Where towards the end some teams paid some ridiculous amounts for some players but anyway. The start made us more hopefull that it was done with an idea, but the outcome was a lot of messy last minute plasterwork.

That’s what I was saying - the lack of planning or bad planning is frustrating the fans. Nobody would expect us to have the best squad in La Liga, but not a single Sevillista deserves this pathetic pre-season and transfer window. That’s where the disrespect for the fans comes - especially since as you mentioned they get paid a lot of money to do the contrary, good planning and proper club management.

1 Like

Management’s POV: “Why spend money for this coach when he’ll bottle UCL anyway?” :no_mouth:

1 Like

On the surface, a disappointing and underwhelming transfer market. That said I think the players signed deserve a chance to show what they can do. Hopefully Marcao will get back to fitness soon and Nianzou continues to show the promise he has and that Telles can prove a competent back up option to Acuna.

Then the hope is Isco gets back to full fitness and becomes the important player needed in the midfield and that Januzaj and Dolberg prove their worth with assists and goals. None other than Isco are the marquee signings that might have been hoped for but let’s hope they come good.

The squad is weaker than last season in key areas in defence and it doesn’t look like we’ve strengthened enough in midfield and the attacking positions. However the squad is still decent, if not for numbers in depth over quality and have got to make the most of that.

Let’s all hope that results and performances can improve with or without Lope and that something can still be salvaged from this season, which it must be remembered is at an early stage and there’s a long way to go yet.

5 Likes