Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

Loan Telles is a really good move. Proven player (kind of), only afford part of the wage and Monchi can find a better & younger LB next year hopefully.

4 Likes

Iā€™m guessing that is the plan: not spending so much on a backup role, and leaving funds for more important positions.

https://twitter.com/butacondelgarci/status/1554881246987276289?s=21&t=IXttR6n_oJHBzkFhVEiyJQ

ā€œMonchi wants to put all the meat on the grill in an attacking player with a nose for goalscoring and arrival from the left. There is a lot of market left until the 31st of the current month and at least three players must leave before then, since the idea of the DGD of SFC is to make a total of five signings.ā€

Guedes anyone? I havenā€™t seen many rumours for the LW position, but we already how the man works. Itā€™s mostly under wraps until the deal is close to being done.

Also, Sarri came out and confirmed that Luis Alberto wants out of Lazio, but if a guy like SMS is still there, iā€™m giving that transfer about a 10% chance of happening.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pleased monchi wants 2-3 new attacking options. Thatā€™s where we really need to strengthen and improve. As for defence we just need 1 more centre back now.

1 Like

Iā€™m just upset that itā€™s taken this long to get reinforcements. Lope publicly stated that he needs ā€œbetter players.ā€ While I think we all agree thatā€™s true, that canā€™t have been good for the locker room to hearā€¦ I understand that we needed the Carlos and Kounde, and to a lesser extent Ludwig, sales to go through, but come onā€¦ Weā€™re running out of time. Thereā€™s one preseason friendly left, and weā€™ll be lucky to bring any new signings up to speed before MD 4 at this rate.

2 Likes

We hoped differentently, but it in the end itā€™s no surprise at all. Everything taking so long, as always, I think we canā€™t afford to put up a little bit of a higher bid to beat other teams so we are really relying on our targets really wanting to join us which favours us in the negotiations. Looks like weā€™re double checking every dime, before we make an offer.

Apparently Nelsons offer has been rejected around 12m. So the final centre back, Im definitely fine with bandaging it with short term quality in defence, if that leads to bigger investments in midfield and upfront.

Something big will happen but weā€™re just late.

3 Likes

3 more CBā€™s added to the rumor list as Koundeā€™s replacements:

Tiago Djalo of Lille (22 yo)

Loic Bade of Rennes (22 yo)

Morato of Benfica (21 yo)

3 Likes

Now, thatā€™s a much more Monchi-style list. Whenever I havenā€™t heard the names of young players on a rumor listā€¦that makes them seem much more likely to be legit Monchi targets. With arrival last night of Telles and presumed imminent departure of Oliver Torres, Iā€™m starting to get excited that we may actually see an exciting start to the season.

4 Likes

Indeed, if I donā€™t have to look up the player by watching a 360p highlights video from 2 years ago, it isnā€™t a real Monchi transfer, hahaha.

1 Like

I know this means nothing but a couple years ago I signed him in a Sevilla fifa career mode

1 Like

Telles confirmed. Iā€™m happy. Solid back-up option at left back and an upgrade from Augustinsson.

4 Likes

Itā€™s fate. If he gets signed and is golden, you need to sign a data exclusivity agreement with Monchi to feed him your FIFA transfer list.

It is reported that Galatasaray have refused 2 offers from us for their CB Victor Nelsson.

What is this obsession with Galatasaray or ex-Galatasaray players anyway? We have 3 of them in the squad so far: Fernando, Marcao, Alex Telles :stuck_out_tongue:

Just imagine. Going from Reguilon to Alex Telles. From Thilo Kehrer to Victor Nelsson. Whatā€™s next?

1 Like

2021-22 pre-season forecast by FiveThirtyEight:

2022-23 pre-season forecast by FiveThirtyEight:

Alright, so letā€™s not freak out over this, the reality is that this model is likely just picking up the fact that our squad as of today has some big gaps. I suspect with a few key signings, Sevilla SPI will go up a bit and weā€™ll leapfrog a couple clubs. However, I did find it enlightening that based on the numbers alone, the data is telling us that THIS Sevilla is not likely to be as competitive as last yearā€™s Sevilla. I think we all sorta see the writing on the wall there (assuming zero new signings), but itā€™s always interesting to see the data confirming what weā€™re all sensing intuitively.

4 Likes

Agreed. One more centre back and were okay in defence.

Two midfielders needed for Rakitic and Jordan and then a 20 goal season striker.

Sorted.

2 Likes

The thing that scares me the most is that last season we started the season with a 1 in 50 chance of relegation, and this season we start with a 1 in 16 chance of relegation. Iā€™ve been a Sevilla fan for more than 16 years, so Iā€™m just hoping this year wonā€™t be THAT year.

1 Like

Sevilla arenā€™t going to get relegated. Keep the faith men!

2 Likes

Those numbers are pretty fair, although you have to question a poll that had Barcelona as the favorites to win the league at the start of last season.

1 Like

Seen some of Alex Telles his first interviews, a lot about passion and ambition. Lopeteguiā€™s call was key they say, really good competition tho for Acuna. Not sure how Lopetegui sold it, and im also not sure if Lope sees him as starter. But both can play whole flank, and left mid even. So they will rotate enough between both I imagine.

2 Likes

Yeah, their methods likely prioritize things like recent performance, player quality, market value of roster, etc, so in that sense, I think it is not surprising that the model last year said that Barcelona would have a better season than Real Madrid. I think it became clear relatively quickly that they werenā€™t performing at the standard level of a Messi-era Barcelona, but Iā€™m not surprised to see the numbers suggested they could have had a strong season with the team they had

Not trying to be negative but I think we could very well struggle to get top 6 if a few more signings donā€™t come in.

So far weā€™ve lost our two star defenders and only signed one replacement and a back-up loan option. Not exactly setting the world on fire and it isnā€™t beyond the realms of possibility that the likes of Villareal, Sociedad and :poop: could pip us next season.

Trying to keep some sense of proportion though as thereā€™s a few weeks of the market and hopefully a few new players come in. Suppose Lope is Mr Consistent for Top 4 as well! I suspect that is as much as we can hope for though as I feel we missed out on a big chance to win the league and get in with the big three last season.

Weā€™ll see.

2 Likes