Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

Yes it all seems short term to me, looking for success, but what happens if we don’t get any and when our current crop of players retire?

Any indication whether any of the players you mention realistically could step up to the first team and have the kind of impact some of the players I’ve mentioned had? Admittedly I don’t follow Sevilla Atletico etc like I do the first team.

1 Like

Honestly I think Valentino will… Big fan of his, I think he will step up ready for Jesus’s eventual retirement. I definitely think Pedro Ortiz, Carlos Alvarez and Zarzana have a future too. The rest like Pablo Perez, Jose Angel, Ivan Romero will eventually fade away and end up released or sold to a Segunda club with a buy back I would imagine.

The other guy I’m so glad to have seen around the first team a lot lately is Luismi Cruz, I really rate him, but if Carlos Alvarez continues this up tick in form since coming back from injury this season he will likely usurp him in first team reckoning.

2 Likes

Opinions on Luka Jovic?

I like him, but I really don’t think it’s what we need. When there was a lot of interest for Youssef, he was very decided to stay in Seville. I don’t believe this has changed. He currently also nowhere near a level that would sell. Besides I feel, how he’s been working and trying, he just wants to show his value first at Sevilla again. So I don’t see him leaving. Rafa Mir, although sometimes looks out of touch with the rest in the field. When he gets the set up once right, he will convert. But the disjointed look makes it hard sometimes. But I would say generally for our striker it aren’t as easy times as before. Same argument that Thomas Tuchel defended Lukaku with in Chelsea, for why he is ‘struggling’. There are times, where the striker position is extremely tough. Rafa Mir has this stoic focus, that I love. But its complicated because we feel forced to play En-Nesyri as well, not waste his value and potential. Finding a balance there is difficult.

The problem I see is we can’t seem to play much different systems, so it’s almost always a 1 for 1 substitute just to change different qualities of players in the same system. Which why it doesn’t really makes sense to get another centre striker like Jovic. We will just use 1 anyway. I like Jovic, but getting him would likely put Rafa Mir out of play, which he doesn’t deserve either and we decided to invest in Rafa first, still has very long contract besides he’s doing well with what he’s getting.

Certainly looking to continue this trend of getting as many quality attacking midfielders, wingers and forwards, until something works is not a clear idea in my opinion.

Also Idrissi, is such a lost case. Almost not getting any minutes in Cadiz. This is the risk of Monchi’s business in recent years when he gets these boat loads of 8-15m players. Like Amadou, Gnagnon, Ganso, Arana, Pizzaro, Rony Lopes etc.

But we are changing, we are not looking anymore at the more unknown players with potential. We are looking at proven players to aim for higher levels but we are losing a bit what made us famous.

3 Likes

I never thought Luka Jovic was THAT good when he had the spell at Eintracht Frankfurt. Much like Piatek he was a good spell and finished well as a poacher but overall play wasnt amazing.

We do need a different option to YEN and Rafa Mir though to mix it up.

1 Like

I agree, but how are you convincing a third striker to come and knowing how we are using our current ones is already an ‘issue’. Sadiq is for sure different. Keep coming back to him :eyes:

1 Like

Yep, but Almeria is saying 60 million or F off. That’s a lot.

2 Likes

Well then we would gladly fck off and look elsewhere. Not worth more then 25m max.

2 Likes

No upgrade to Rafa Mir or YEN so no thanks.

3 Likes

They can’t be serious lmao

Maybe if he was putting up those numbers in la liga, but he’s not. It’s the segunda

5 Likes

I hope Sevilla won’t buy Sadiq at all, at any price. Usually when I watch someone’s highlights I have to wary for overrating players, because you can make anyone look amazing in those video’s. But I see absolutely nothing special in Sadiq’s highlights besides the mobility at that length, the rest seems avarage or even sub-par to me.

But who am I to judge. When Sevilla bought YEN for €20m I believed they payed double of what he’s worth even though he did it on the highest level, and he managed to prove me wrong.

4 Likes

I would argue, the ‘highlights’ don’t do him justice in this case in his effort and work attitude on the pitch. There is lots of things you don’t see in those vids as well. How he drags defenders with him, while holding the ball and creating space. Maybe it’s not the most stylish or beautiful, but if its useful in the end is what matters most.

3 Likes

Arsenal and Newcastle are interested in YEN, fee around 30 to 40m. I would easily sell him for 40m and go for other striker.

3 Likes

Same here. I’d sell him for less than that even. Right now though that’s a steal. YEN has lost his mojo big time and I doubt if he ever finds it again.

3 Likes

Luis Suarez may be saying goodbye to Atletico June 30th and wants to stay in Spain.
Would Sevilla take him on?
I would hope not his best is a long way behind him

https://www.marca.com/futbol/atletico/2022/03/05/621f69d2268e3eb7088b45e4.html

3 Likes

Yeah same here. The last thing we need is another old player coming for the last year or 2 of his career and a quick pay day.

3 Likes

The way he is playing at the mo I would snap their arms off for 40m.

3 Likes

Hell… even 30m would do at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Let’s take him in a 1+1 (optional 1 year) contract. He’ll be motivated to perform to have a place with Uruguay NT for the WC. He was crucial in Atletico’s title win last season and although he misses a ton of chances, he scores some crucial goals and has lots of La Liga experience which can come in handy. We could use him as a sub at worst.

3 Likes

I hate him and I hope it doesnt happen.

3 Likes

How can you hate this peaceful creature?

3 Likes